Modern Family (comedy tv series)  » TV  »
  • Although I discovered the sitcom Modern Family years after it begun, it has become one of my favourite series to watch especially after a long day at work
  • This is because a part from the fact that there is never a boring episode, it never fails to make me laugh and feel at ease
  • I think that's very telling from someone like me who has never really found many television sitcoms extremely funny
  • Therefore, I would definitely recommend it to people who like television sitcoms

by Redtape

Although I discovered the sitcom Modern Family years after it begun, it has become one of my favourite series to watch especially after a long day at work. This is because a part from the fact that there is never a boring episode, it never fails to make me laugh and feel at ease.
  • Modern Family (comedy tv series)
  • In case you’ve never heard of it, Modern Family is a sitcom that originally began running on the cable television channel ABC in 2009. These days if you’re a fan like me you can find a marathon of the episodes running each Friday on the cable television channel USA from 7:00pm to 12:30 am.

Modern Family is done in the form of a “mocumentary”, whereas the life of an unconventional family living in suburban Los Angeles is explored. The members of this family are Jay Pritchett and the families of his two children, Claire and Mitchell. Jay’s immediate family includes his second wife Gloria and his stepson Manny, and dog Stella. Claire’s family is made up of her husband Phil, and their three children Alex, Haley and Luke. Mitchell’s family on the other hand includes his partner Cameron and their adopted daughter Lily.

• Modern Family (comedy tv series)
  • One of the things that attracted me and a lot of other people to this series in the first place, was that this family that is being featured is not exactly the traditional nuclear family. These types of families have been portrayed on television and in entertainment for over fifty years, and so it can be easy to lose sight that a lot of people don’t necessarily have families like these and there are many other types of family stuctures that are often ignored or misrepresented. Therefore, Modern Family is refreshing to see since it explores life in another type of family structure that shows an extended family, a step family, a family that has an adopted child and a family with a same sex couple. Thus the sitcom is progressive without the added burden of too many stereotypes.

• Modern Family (comedy tv series)
  • I also love Modern Family because most of the time it’s just plain hilarious. I think that’s very telling from someone like me who has never really found many television sitcoms extremely funny.

One of the episodes that I liked most was “Airport 2010″ where the entire family was supposed to be heading on a trip to Hawaii, but they were faced with various misadventures before they even got to board the plane. For example, Manny’s name turned up on a “no-fly list” because he shared the same name as a criminal; and Mitchell forgot his wallet and then his keys.

• Modern Family (comedy tv series)
  • One of the things that I love about this sitcom too is that it does not go out of its way to portray each of the characters as being almost perfect, especialy like what some of the older comedies abotu families seem to do. The characters each have their challenges and problems and they all appear like normal people.

For example, something that I appreciate the writers doing is portraying Cameron and Mitchell as a very “normal” couple. This is unlike some movies and series where some gay couples have been portrayed as being eccentric and hypersexual when obviously not everyone will be like that.

I especially loved the way that the writers portrayed them as being first time parents, where there was a lot of trial and error with their first child, Lily. Therefore, there was that one episode where they locked Lily in the car by accident and where both freaking out, as well as the one where Lily’s head bumped into something and they took her to the doctor since they felt that there might have been something seriously wrong with her.

• Modern Family (comedy tv series)
  • One of the more common criticisms about Modern Family that I’ve read about on the internet say that the storylines are usually very predictable and that causes the series to get stale easily. I’m not going to disagree and say that the storylines for many of the episodes aren’t, but I’m one of those who believe that it doesn’t ruin the entertainment quality that I get from it. As a matter of fact there are times when it might even enhance the experience.

For example, there was the episode where Claire thought that Haley got pregnant and ran off to get married in Las Vegas. However, she was actually in the house the entire time. I personally thought that it was a little obvious that the writers were going in that direction, but I didn’t think that it made the episode much less entertaining.

Every single person who I’ve recommended Modern Family to has ended up enjoying it as much as I do. Therefore, I would definitely recommend it to people who like television sitcoms.

shubham says :

re : Although I discovered the sitcom Modern Family years after it begun, it has become one of my favourite series to watch especially after a long day at work
It’s very funny and I like this series a lot . Must watch

ReadingBug says :

I didn t even know about Modern Family until my mom started telling me about it. Then, I noticed the show was winning awards from left to right which is what really made me start watching the show. Modern Family has probably one of the best casts to grace the small screen. They are all uniquely different, but come together well to pull off some of the best performances in tv history. I remember Ed O Neill from when I was a kid because he was Al on Married with Children. I thought he was great then and he is even better now. I like how the show shines a light on real modern families of today, and how families are so diverse. It is so funny to watch, especially Cam and Mitchell, and they also have the best guest star appearances. Nathan Lane is my favorite whenever he makes an appearance. I think the show has opened a lot of minds and started an important conversation in society, and I am proud of the creators for being brave enough to do because the show is much more than a comedy in my opinion it s a teaching moment.

Sayli Sawant says :

re : Therefore, I would definitely recommend it to people who like television sitcoms
I started watching modern family because of my boyfriend. And trust me not a single episode therein is boring. I was always on the floor laughing out aloud.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1029041644070230/k2311a0429/4.29.15