Ninjump Dash App
  • I do know one thing though, I know an entertaining app when I see one
  • I think one of the most fun things in the game, although superficial, is that the player has a very good amount of characters to choose from
  • The servers are great for the most part but the problem is that booting up the app can be a pain sometimes
  • It has a fair currency system in my opinion, which really, as players and consumers, we should be hoping for

by Ruben Ramon

I’m not the biggest fan of mobile gaming and hence do not know much about it, nor will I claim to. I do know one thing though, I know an entertaining app when I see one. Ninjump Dash is not the next “Candy Crush” or “Five Nights at Freddy’s”, but it surely can be an entertaining half hour of your day. Rather than do anything differently or new, this app seeks to take the very best of what we already know how to use and make a game for us to play.
  • Ninjump Dash App
  • The setting of the game is simple enough; get to the finish line before any of the other players(up to four including yourself). The races aim to last about a minute each and generally do, that is not to say they can’t be a little less than that or go dramatically over because they can. The races are very linear and the stages have little to distinguish themselves from each other but what makes the levels are the power ups in them. The rockets, portals, shurikens, etc. are very fun to use against players and can be devastating when used against you. I personally remember being in first place the entire race one time and then get portal-ed back at the last second, to come dead last. This lead me to a bad mood and the entire day without talking to my family. I digress.

• Ninjump Dash App
  • Who doesn’t love being a ninja? I think one of the most fun things in the game, although superficial, is that the player has a very good amount of characters to choose from. The game is silly enough to have some blind fun with and the little costumes add to that. I might be giving the app too much credit, but it doesn’t seem like they were too money hungry when this game was developed. The “jade” in the game is what is used to buy the good rewards in the app, and can be purchased with the real money in your pocket. However, that doesn’t make it completely impossible to obtain without using real currency, like in many other mobile games. In a few days of playing the game you can get enough Jade to get the “Samurai” character like I did, and then… I don’t know, maybe move on with your life. Call me childish, but the fun, little, playable character sprites are the main reason I kept coming back to the game.

• Ninjump Dash App
  • I remember watching a Nintendo commercial where a bunch of grown women huddled around, all with their own Nintendo DS and peacefully played together. Aside from the fact that that is not very common, substitute the DS with a smart phone and Ninjump Dash and boom…It still isn’t common. Ninjump Dash will give you the effect you can find when playing Monopoly, Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros with your friends(coincidentally two thirds of those are also Nintendo original properties, hmm weird). The point being, although you start playing as good buddies together, their is always that risk that you will get very mad at each other and start to secretly wish their phone batteries die out mid-race. “Why so?” you may ask, because even the ninjas can trash talk to each other and to you!

• Ninjump Dash App
  • Since the game is nice with the game play a fun with the graphics, there are negatives to it that are outside of the actual game itself. The servers are great for the most part but the problem is that booting up the app can be a pain sometimes. During the first few days that I had the app, It kept crashing during the initial load, even before I could get to the main menu! Their is also this very annoying glitch where it prevents a player from finishing a race and then just freezes when everybody reaches the finish line; causing all players to have to forfeit the race by quitting, this is especially frustrating because it almost only happens when you’re in first place. These annoying instances however are mostly the exception and for the most part do not cause you to completely delete the app but they are important enough to be addressed.

• Ninjump Dash App
  • All Ninjump Dash usable power ups can be found above.

Ninjump Dash is a fun game, as buggy as it can potentially be. It has a fair currency system in my opinion, which really, as players and consumers, we should be hoping for. It also is a lot of fun with friends and equally as fun by yourself. Is it revolutionary? Not really. Will you move on with your life after you have your fun with it? Most probably. Will it start a cult like “Five Nights at Freddy’s” seems to have done? Absolutely not(hopefully). However, the app is a fair use of your smart phone’s hard drive. It can keep you entertained, and let you have fun with your ninja. If this were not a free app then maybe rating it might of been a bit more harsh but it is what it is, and that means it is worth checking out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2827041644020330/k2311a0427/4.27.15