Lg. KONG Classic (Dog Toy)
  • I prefer to stuff my dog's KONG Classic with all-natural peanut butter or ground meat
  • For a teething puppy, I strongly recommend the KONG Puppy, though I've seen people use the KONG Classic too, dipped in water or low-sodium chicken broth and frozen
  • When I do use it with food, I like to rinse it thoroughly as soon as my dog is done with it and then I like to run it through the dishwasher

• by Marley Justine

In terms of well-known dog toys, the KONG Classic is right up there with the tennis ball, flying disc (Frisbee) and braided rope toy. Most people, regardless of whether or not they own a dog, know what it is.

The KONG Classic is durable. In our home, most dog toys are lucky to last a week with our 63lb + golden retriever, who seems to love the challenge of destroying any toy that is handed to her. Her KONG Classic however has survived frequent play for over four years and still looks as good as new.

I

do not use any of the KONG treats or Stuff’n products. I prefer to stuff my dog’s KONG Classic with all-natural peanut butter or ground meat. From time-to-time, I will get more creative with homemade stuffing or I will fill the KONG Classic with low-sodium chicken broth diluted with water and freeze it and give it to my dog outdoors on a hot day. For a teething puppy, I strongly recommend the KONG Puppy, though I’ve seen people use the KONG Classic too, dipped in water or low-sodium chicken broth and frozen. The toy itself keeps you
      puppy from finding other items to chew and by freezing, it can soothe any discomfort they may be experiencing.

The KONG Classic does not have to be stuffed. It has a nice bounce to it and can just as easily be used for playing fetch. When I do use it with food, I like to rinse it thoroughly as soon as my dog is done with it and then I like to run it through the dishwasher.

I do not have any complaints about the KONG Classic. However, I will say that I have talked to people who claim ...

• Lg. KONG Classic (Dog Toy)
      that a stuffed KONG Classic will keep their dog occupied all day. This has never been my experience. Unless it is frozen, my dog can usually clean a stuffed KONG Classic in under fifteen minutes.

Also, I have heard a few negative reviews about the KONG Classic, including stories of dog’s injuring themselves on the toy. While I have never had a dog injure themselves playing with the KONG Classic, or any other KONG toy for that matter, if you are concerned by these reviews, you may wish to monitor your dog when introducing the KONG Classic.

I

consider the KONG Classic to be a ‘must have’ dog toy and recommend it to dog owners every chance I get.

The KONG Classic is available online and in many pet stores. You may also be able to find the KONG Classic at your local supermarket or stores such as Wal Mart. Sizes for the KONG Classic range from XS to XXL and prices vary based on size. In addition to the KONG Puppy, which I previously mentioned, KONG also offers the KONG Extreme for especially powerful chewers and the KONG Senior, along with a large assortment of durable, quality dog toys.

Brittany says :

re : I prefer to stuff my dog’s KONG Classic with all-natural peanut butter or ground meat
I have a German Shepherd and we use the classic KONG and we almost never put treats or food in it, she just likes to run after it like its a ball. When we do out food in it, we either out her kibble or the crunchy peanut butter in it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2927041643980330/k2311a0427/4.27.15