The Theory of Everything (biographical drama movie)  » Movies  »
  • I have to admit though that despite the sensation around this movie, I was a little disappointed after I watched it because I thought that despite all its good qualities, it was a bit tedious and hard to watch
  • Something that I think everyone would admire about this movie was the acting
  • However, I was also very impressed with the performance of the actress Felicity Jones who played the role of Jane Hawking
  • There were many times throughout viewing it that I began to wonder if I should just quit while I was ahead because even though there were other good qualities about the movie is just plain wasn't very interesting to me
  • I recommend this movie to people who love biographical drama films, as well as those who are admirers of Professor Stephen Hawking like myself

by Redtape

I was one of those people who was interested in watching the movie “The Thoery of Everything” long before it became nominated for various awards and won several Oscars. This was because I was thrilled with the idea of a movie about Professor Stephen Hawking’s life, his romance with Jane Hawking, his first wife, as well as his struggle with Lou Gehrig’s disease commonly known as “ALS”.

I have to admit though that despite the sensation around this movie, I was a little disappointed after I watched it because I thought that despite all its good qualities, it was a bit tedious and hard to watch.

• The Theory of Everything (biographical drama movie)
  • In the movie Stephen Hawking, an astrophysics student at Cambridge University in England begins a relationship with a Literature student, Jane Wilde. At the same time that he begins his relationship, he is also having problems deciding what he will do his thesis statement on. At first, everything seems fairly okay, despite his indecision, until his muscles begin to fail him and he is diagnosed with Lou Gehrig’s disease.

According to his doctor, it is a motor neuron disease and the same disease that the baseball player Lou Gehrig suffered from before he died. Hawking was told that he had at most two to three years before his organs would fail completely and he would die. However, throughout the movie he perseveres and does not give up with the aid of his wife, Jane. Therefore, he live much longer than he should have and even father’s children.

• The Theory of Everything (biographical drama movie)
  • Something that I think everyone would admire about this movie was the acting. Even Eddie Redmayne, an actor who was previously overlooked won an Academy Award for his role of Stephen Hawking. However, I was also very impressed with the performance of the actress Felicity Jones who played the role of Jane Hawking.

I especially loved her in the scene where her character gives Stephen an ultimatum telling him that if he doesn’t play a game with her she will leave him permanently.

• The Theory of Everything (biographical drama movie)
  • When watching The Theory of Everything, I was also able to appreciate Stephen Hawking’s pleasantness despite the cards that he was dealt. It’s obviously not easy to be diagnosed with an illness that makes you lose control of your body, and for a man to depend on his wife and others to do almost everything for him. Most people after a while get cynical, miserable and just plain give up; but Redmayne’s portrayal of Hawking presented him as being a figure who persevered and was happy and jocular despite the darkness that loomed in front of him.

Therefore, one of the scenes that I was impressed with was where one of Hawking’s friends from the university carries him in his arms up a steep flight of stairs and leaves him in the arms of the statue of Queen Victoria. After he goes back down to carry Stephen’s wheelchair, he finds Stephen laughing.

• The Theory of Everything (biographical drama movie)
  • As the movie progressed some scenes became more tense, especially after Jane became involved with her now current husband Jonathan Jones. There is one where Stephen’s mother tells Jane that they have a right to know who Timothy, Jane’s son’s father is; since they all suspect it might be Jonathan. This causes Jonathan to keep his distance from her and the family, but Jane and Stephen’s relationship is unique so much so that Stephen ends up visity Jonathan and asks him to return for Jane’s sake.

• The Theory of Everything (biographical drama movie)
  • As I mentioned, the movie “The Theory of Everything” can get more than a little tedious. There were many times throughout viewing it that I began to wonder if I should just quit while I was ahead because even though there were other good qualities about the movie is just plain wasn’t very interesting to me. However, I stuck through it down to the very end until Stephen and Jane finally reuinte after all those years.

I recommend this movie to people who love biographical drama films, as well as those who are admirers of Professor Stephen Hawking like myself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1124041643920530/k2311a0424/4.24.15