Songbird Ocarina Travel Bag  » Other  »
2.5
  • This bag costs $35 to purchase from the Songbird website and I do not feel that it was worth the cost of the purchase
  • I was disappointed to find, however, that the bag section of the bag and the two outer compartments do not have the same padding as the front, bottom, and interior of the bag
  • This is not a product that I would recommend for the price

• by Rebecca Rizzuti

The Ocarina Traveler’s Bag from Songbird Ocarina is a denim bag advertised to carry and protect up to four ocarinas. Songbird claims that this bag will prevent breaking because of its padded interior. This bag costs $35 to purchase from the Songbird website and I do not feel that it was worth the cost of the purchase.

The exterior of the bag is made of a sturdy denim material with strong stitching. This makes me confident that the bag

won’t fall apart during use and drop my ocarina’s on the ground. Its strap is made of nylon and is durable, but I would have preferred a longer strap so that (as a larger woman) I could wear it cross-ways across my body with the bag resting at my hip (like a messenger bag). The strap is adjustable, but its longest length is shorter than I would have preferred.

Inside the bag is padded with what feels like a foam material. This material pads the bottom, sides, and front of the bag to protect the instruments inside of it from damage. The bag is lined with a velour-type fabric to prevent any scratching of the surface of the ocarinas. I was disappointed to find, however, that the bag section of the bag and the two outer compartments do not have the same padding as the front, bottom, and interior of the bag.

Songbird claims that this bag ...

• Songbird Ocarina Travel Bag
      will hold four ocarinas. Following a viewing on their Youtube channel (which demonstrates the use of the bag) it is apparent that the bag can take an ocarina of Bass or Tenor size, an ocarina of Alto size, and two Soprano ocarinas.

I would not, personally, feel comfortable storing an ocarina in the back compartment or in either of the side compartments due to the lack of padding in these areas. The front compartment is the safest place

for any ocarina, and can comfortably store a Bass, Tenor, or Alto ocarina and other compartments may be used for tools and songbooks.

The top flap of the ocarina does not adequately encase the ocarinas inside of it. It fastens to a “button” on the front with an elastic cord that secures the flap to the front. Openings at the sides may allow ocarinas to slip out, and users should be cautious.

This is not a product that I would recommend for the price.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1224041643890530/k2311a0424/4.24.15