Straight Talk Wireless Phone Carrier
  • As cellphone user, I look to have the best possible plan, that suits both my needs and my budget
  • Which was great except for one problem, in order to use the phone I needed a sim card
  • Sure, I could have traded in my current phone I had but then I would have had to still pay money out of pocket for a Virgin Mobile branded Samsung Galaxy S III, since the value of the phone wasn't enough to cover the entire cost of a new phone
  • It was about ten dollars more than what I paid when I was a customer for virgin mobile, but I figure it wouldn't be too bad since, instead of having only three hundred minutes, I would have unlimited talk
  • I would recommend straight talk to a friend

• by nitakb

As cellphone user, I look to have the best possible plan, that suits both my needs and my budget. I can be honest and say that I have fallen in the sticky web of contract phone companies and have lost money due to ridicules fees, and high rates. I was ready for a change.

I remember seeing the commercials for straight talk, and thinking that they were some of the corniest commercial I had ever seen. In the beginning, I had never considered going with them since at the time I was a customer with virgin mobile and was satisfied with my service. That is until I was looking to upgrade from my old phone to a new one.

Fortunately, my father gifted me with a

practically new Samsung Galaxy S III, from AT&T. Which was great except for one problem, in order to use the phone I needed a sim card. Which was something that wasn’t offered by Virgin Mobile. Sure, I could have traded in my current phone I had but then I would have had to still pay money out of pocket for a Virgin Mobile branded Samsung Galaxy S III, since the value of the phone wasn’t enough to cover the entire cost of a new phone.

So begrudgingly, I moved my service to Virgin Mobile to Straight Talk. I activated my service online when they were having a sale on their activation kit, for ninety cent and free overnight shipping.

The activation was a little

confusing, but after some of the kinks were straightened out my phone was up and running. The great thing is you can choose to port your number from your other carrier, or just get a new number. Also you can pay for service for up to a year.

I choose the plan that worked for my S3 for $45, which gave me thirty days, unlimited talk and text nationwide, and 3GB of highspeed data. All at no contract. It was about ten dollars more than what I paid when I was a customer for virgin mobile, but I figure it wouldn’t be too bad since, instead of having only three hundred minutes, I would have unlimited talk.

Straight Talk has pretty good service in my ...

• Straight Talk Wireless Phone Carrier
      opinion. I had exceptional reception in even some of the weirdest places, my data was highspeed just as promised. That is until I went over and I was slowed way down to 64kbps. I happy, and satisfied with my service and coverage. Out of town, I still had service.

With taxes and fee, my total cell phone bill was $50.38. Some would call this misleading, but in all honest it makes sense. When I was at virgin mobile, depending on how I paid bill I paid about $38 altogether with taxes and fees.

When I had an text messaging issue, I received prompt service when I called in. They were extremely helpful. My issue was resolved, and I didn’t have to go around

and around with the representative.

The cons about straight talk is that you can’t purchase any type of insurance. It’s expected of prepaid phone carriers, but it’s still an annoying because when your phone is damaged, you have to either get it repaired somewhere else or buy a whole new phone. Which was the case, I experienced with my Samsung Galaxy S III. I had badly damaged my phone by accident and had to get a completely new phone.

Overall I enjoy Straight Talk. It’s simple, serves my needs completely without all the headache of contracts. If don’t pay my bill the only thing I risk is loosing my phone number instead of being slammed with fees.

I would recommend straight talk to a friend.

Amber says :

Straight talk is the most reliable and affordable service I’ve ever had Very easy to use and update as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2224041643870530/k2311a0424/4.24.15