Rimmel London - Hide the Blemish Concealer (102 - Light Beige)  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • In my experience, Rimmel London products can be hit-or-miss so when I purchased the Rimmel London Hide the Blemish Concealer in the shade Light Beige (102), I knew that I had to manage my expectations
  • Before buying, let the drugstore price serve as a reminder that this is definitely a drugstore product
  • It is not the worst concealer I've ever used, but it is far from the best
  • One of the first things I noticed after purchasing was that this is not the most hygienic concealer
  • Unfortunately, I found it difficult to find my perfect shade and I think instead of finding it, I settled for 'the next best thing', which is why I don't find this product looks the best on my skin

• by Marley Justine

In my experience, Rimmel London products can be hit-or-miss so when I purchased the Rimmel London Hide the Blemish Concealer in the shade Light Beige (102), I knew that I had to manage my expectations.

Compared to other concealers, the Rimmel London Hide the Blemish Concealer is quite inexpensive, priced between $6-$10 CDN. Before buying, let the drugstore price serve as a reminder that this is definitely a drugstore product.

It is not the worst concealer I’ve ever used, but it is far from the best.

One of the first things I noticed after purchasing was that this is not the most hygienic concealer. If you are familiar with this product, or if you look at the picture, you can see that the product resembles a tube of lipstick. If you are going to use this product, I recommend using a small brush rather than applying the product directly to your skin.

I prefer a light-weight but full-coverage concealer and the Rimmel London Hide the Blemish Concealer is the exact opposite. It is a very heavy product but the coverage is not the best. Because the product is thick and heavy, and in my opinion, too dry, it is extremely difficult to blend.

While I was able to make do with ...

• Rimmel London - Hide the Blemish Concealer (102 - Light Beige)
      this product to conceal blemishes, I found it absolutely useless for my under eye area. In addition to being difficult to apply and blend, it tends to crease.

The Rimmel London Hide the Blemish Concealer is by no means a long-lasting product. I have used concealers successfully in the past without setting them but if I didn’t set this concealer, it would move all over my face within the hour.

Unfortunately,

I found it difficult to find my perfect shade and I think instead of finding it, I settled for ‘the next best thing’, which is why I don’t find this product looks the best on my skin. I will say that I do know other people who use this product and it looks much better on them.

With so many other concealers on the market, this is not a product that I will be repurchasing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124041643810430/k2311a0424/4.24.15