Taken 3 (action movie)
  • Then after it was released, I noticed that it had gotten some fairly low ratings from viewers on various sites such as IMDB
  • Nevertheless, this did not discourage me from watching it and after I did, I found that I liked it quite a bit despite what a lot of other people were saying about how unoriginal it was
  • She goes to Bryan's apartment confessing that she still fantasizes about him, but he encourages her to resolve her martial problems before they do anything they might regret
  • A lot of people mentioned that it was very predictable, and that I can agree with them to a very large extent
  • If your loved the first movie in the Taken franchise, there's a big chance that you might be disappointed in Taken 3, since it has been described as unoriginal and bland

by Redtape

When the trailer for Taken 3 was released, I didn’t get the feeling that it would have been as big as the first one was. Then after it was released, I noticed that it had gotten some fairly low ratings from viewers on various sites such as IMDB. Nevertheless, this did not discourage me from watching it and after I did, I found that I liked it quite a bit despite what a lot of other people were saying about how unoriginal it was.
  • Taken 3 (action movie)
  • Right now, Taken 3 appears to be the final movie in the franchise and the events in this one occur some time after the events of Taken 2. In the movie Lenore, the ex-wife of ex-operative Bryan Mills decides that she is going to leave her husband. She goes to Bryan’s apartment confessing that she still fantasizes about him, but he encourages her to resolve her martial problems before they do anything they might regret.

Not too long after, Lenore is found murdered in Bryan’s bed in what appears to be a crime of passion. Byran realises that makes him a suspect and despite his grief, he finds himself running away from the law in order that he may prove his innocence and find whoever is really responsible for her murder.

• Taken 3 (action movie)
  • One of the biggest things that I loved about Taken 3 is the action scenes. There were so many adrenaline filled car chases, fight scenes and the works that it was hard to decide which one of them was the most exhilarating. I especially loved the scene where Bryan is arrested and hijacks the steering wheel of one of the arresting officers, so that there’s this major chase on the highway.

• Taken 3 (action movie)
  • Then of course there was the suspense of wondering what Bryan was going to do next, especially after his daughter is under the surveillance of a very competent detective. There was the big question of how he was going to attend Lenore’s funeral and emotionally support his daughter without being detected. However, he managed to accomplish this by enlisting the help of one of his friends who has a lot of revolutionary technology, whereas he is able to hear his daughter through a button on his friend’s jacket.

• Taken 3 (action movie)
  • Something else I also loved about Taken 3 was the plot. A lot of people mentioned that it was very predictable, and that I can agree with them to a very large extent. However, even though I believe that had the plot been a little more original and less predictable it would have been an extremely good ending to a very interesting franchise, I still don’t believe that it made the movie much less interesting. This is especially when it came to Bryan trying to prove that he didn’t kill Lenora.

Sure, it was extremely obvious from the very first few minutes of the movie that her husband killed her for the insurance. Even if you didn’t pick that up, it almost always goes like that both in fiction and in real life. However, it doesn’t make his pursuit of her killer or killers much less thrilling.

• Taken 3 (action movie)
  • One of the few things that disappointed me about this movie though was the underuse of certain characters that I felt could have probably made a bigger contribution to the plot. One of them in particular was the villain “Oleg Malankov”, who seemed to have so much more promise when considering his military background and history on a whole. I thought that his “5 seconds” on screen was very thrilling and memorable even though he wasn’t a huge part of the plot.

If your loved the first movie in the Taken franchise, there’s a big chance that you might be disappointed in Taken 3, since it has been described as unoriginal and bland. However, I personally didn’t think that the movie was as terrible as some people made it out to be. What matters is that I was still entertained.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1122041643700230/k2311a0422/4.22.15