Wonder by R.J. Palacio, novel  » Books  »
  • I love how a simple book with a simple story can create a great impact on you because of the lesson you will learn from it
  • Thus, I almost try to read any YA novels that I find interesting
  • It will definitely captivate your heart by the kindness it gives you
  • Yes, Wonder is not a heavy reading experience
  • I believe that if people could easily understand what these special people would have to go through everyday, maybe it was much easier to be kinder than is necessary

• by Wizard Biancky

I have been fascinated by the Young Adult (YA) novels ever since. This is mainly because I am a huge fan of Harry Potter series and Hunger Games trilogy. I love how a simple book with a simple story can create a great impact on you because of the lesson you will learn from it. It’s appealing how it can remind you of the things in life that you already took for granted. Thus, I almost try to read any YA novels that I find interesting.

Wonder by R.J. Palacio will give you a light feeling. It will definitely captivate your heart by the kindness it gives you. It could melt your heart in an instant. Just like

what it did mine. I guess that most of you think I am exaggerating what I have felt while reading the book. You might be thinking that this novel is only for kids and you do not like to read easy books anymore because you are digging the classic literature works of Tolstoy, Jane Austen, Homer or Virginia Woolf. I am telling you, there is nothing wrong to switch genres once in a while. Yes, “Wonder” is not a heavy reading experience. The sentences are simple and do not use lots of big words because the main character is a child. However, the moral insight of this novel is what really matters.

I praise R.J. Palacio for creating an endearing character. I instantly loved August Pullman or Auggie (as they usually call him). He is a 10 year-old boy who happens to be ordinary. A least that’s what he feels about himself. Yes, he is an ordinary boy who eats ice cream, plays with her dog Daisy, wears costume on Halloween and participates on trick or treat. But, since his face is deformed and already undergone many operations since he was such a young age, he cannot be ordinary for many people. He needs to always pretend that he pays no attention when people always give him a second look whenever he walks outside. He must be used to people who try to ...

• Wonder by R.J. Palacio, novel
      stay away from him because of fear. Now, he needs to face a more challenging situation as he will start attending an actual school (he has been homeschooled by his mother). Given that children can really be mean, how can he be able to deal with it? That is for you to find out. Try and read it.

Maybe some people say that this book is about bullying. Maybe it is, but I prefer to believe that this book is all about kindness. For me, the most important lesson it tackles is how to be kinder than is necessary. Once you have read this, you would wonder if ever in your life you showed kindness to people who

most needed it. Have you also turned away when you saw someone who was unlikely to be normal in physical aspect? If you did, you would start wishing that somehow you have done differently. That instead of avoiding that person, you just started showing compassion and sympathy. These were the things that went into my mind while reading it. I wish I was not able to hurt someone’s feelings as much as Auggie felt in the book. I believe that if people could easily understand what these special people would have to go through everyday, maybe it was much easier to be kinder than is necessary. If we could do it, this world would really be a better place for everyone.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1722041643650230/k2311a0422/4.22.15