Suave Naturals Mango Mandarin Bodywash
  • What I love about Suave is the quality of their products at such an affordable price
  • I can be honest and say these are two fruits that I enjoy eating very much in the summer time
  • Upon my first usage of this fragrance, I found that is product changes in scent once out of the bottle
  • I like that this product wasn't watery but was actually kind of thick
  • I would recommend this product to a friend or someone who is looking for a bodywash that doesn't irritate the skin, still smells great and actually leaves you clean

• by nitakb

I find that when the warmer seasons arrive, I look to purchase products with fragrances that are fresh, fruity and light. In my quest for products such as this, I stumbled upon Suaves Naturals Mango Mandarin Body Wash.

What I love about Suave is the quality of their products at such an affordable price. I’ve used Suave products for as long as I can remember and haven’t had too many issues with them. So to say, I wasn’t hesitant in trying this bodywash.

Initially what attracted me to this bodywash was the fruity fragrance of it. It has such a light scent that smells delightful even when still in the bottle. I love the scent of mangoes, and this bodywash had light notes of it swirled with citrus notes of mandarin. I can be honest and say these are two fruits that I enjoy eating very much in the

summer time. So as you can imagine, smelling like these two wonderful fruits, greatly appealed to me.

On the bottle, it claims to have the same great fragrance appeal of Bath and Body Works Mango Mandrin Shower gel, which is another reason I wanted to give this body wash a shot. As much as I love Bath and body works and their great smelling products, their prices are a little out my budget when it comes to layering scents. Unless found on sale, one full size bottle of shower gel from bath and body works ranges from $11 to $12.50. One full sized bottle of Suave Mandarin Bodywash is a $1.88 at Walmart.

Also, Mango Mandarin is a fragrance that bath and body works discontinued. Which saddened me because I have smelled the Mango Mandarin fragrance and loved it. I can’t find it anywhere else other than ebay

and amazon and it’s costs about $20 per product.

Upon my first usage of this fragrance, I found that is product changes in scent once out of the bottle. It doesn’t so much smell like a general mixture of mango and mandarin, but it starts to smell faintly like oranges and peaches. And then, once it’s on my skin, I was able to scent the mango. Not to say that this was a bad thing, but it was pleasantly surprising. Although, as my shower wore on, the faint fragrance of peach faded away and I was left with mostly mandarin.

What I love about this body wash is the great lather. Just a little dollop and I was good to go. The bodywash does not have a drying lather, but rather it’s rich and easily glides across my skin. It’s also washes away clean too. There was no ...

• Suave Naturals Mango Mandarin Bodywash
      filmy residue left behind to itch my skin. I like that this product wasn’t watery but was actually kind of thick.

Outside the shower, my skin was soft and had the fragrance of mango and mandarin. I like that it wasn’t overpowering, but still had a long lasting effect. Even when pulling on my clothes, and smoothing on some skin moisturizer, I could still faintly smell the fragrance clinging to my skin.

I wouldn’t call this bodywash moisturizing, as I still needed to apply lotion after my shower, but this bodywash wasn’t harshly stripping to my skin. I didn’t feel like I had sanded my skin with a piece of sandpaper. On the bottle, the bodywash says to be enriched with mango and mandarin extracts, and also has Vitamin E. I enjoyed the fact that this bodywash didn’t itch my skin either. I have had experiences in the past

where I have used a bodywash and my skin was greatly irritated.

I easily became obsessed with this product just after a few uses. The scent of this product was is energizing when used early in the morning. It’s like if I enter the shower, still gripped by sleep, I can get a good whiff of this body wash and I am instantly awakened.

For a bodywash that is about two dollars, this product is amazing. After using this product, I am left with soft, clean and fragrant skin each and every time. It doesn’t exactly have the same appeal as Mango Mandarin shower gel, but it does come close to it. I will look to keep this product on hand in the future.

I would recommend this product to a friend or someone who is looking for a bodywash that doesn’t irritate the skin, still smells great and actually leaves you clean.

Christiana Alvarez says :

re : I like that this product wasn’t watery but was actually kind of thick
Does this contain any harsh sulfates that are rough on sensitive skin? Sometimes my skin is left extremely red and dry by antibacterial body washes.

nitakb replies :

Unfortunately this does contain sulfates, and does have a possibility in effecting your skin.

By your skin being red and dry, it is a sign that you are experiencing irritation. I would recommend that you use a product that is speciality formulated for sensitive skin.

Aveeno skin relief body wash is good option as it is gentle and cleanses, to soothe, itchy dry skin. It’s has a unique formula that consists of active natural colloidal oatmeal. Which soothes the skin with rich emollients. It’s soap free, dye free, and fragrance-free and hypoallergenic.

Galega says :

Taking a look at ingredients, it is clear that this product does contain Sulfates. Are you sensitive to sulfates? If yes, you need to discontinue using it.

In any case, you get severe irritation after using anti bacterial body wash. It is possible that your skin is highly sensitive. I would suggest you to use a herbal body wash for few days and see if that makes any difference. There are some products specially made for sensitive skin. You can use them after going ahead with patch test/skin allergy test.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121041643530530/k2311a0421/4.21.15