Lime Crime Velvetine Matte Liquid Lipstick - “Salem”
  • However, after finally purchasing this color through their official site, I can definitely say that it was worth it
  • All in all, I would definitely recommend this to anyone with an olive complexion that is also looking for a long-lasting, deep, and dramatic look

by Tina Soto

I began using Lime Crime’s liquid lipstick when my sister recommended it to me. After she told me it costed $20, I wasn’t exactly rushing to check it out. However, after finally purchasing this color through their official site, I can definitely say that it was worth it.

I’m a professional singer and spend a lot of nights out and about singing, eating, drinking, and networking so a long-lasting lip color is necessary. When I say it lasts, I mean it lasts all night, after eating, drinking, and everything in between.

• Lime Crime Velvetine Matte Liquid Lipstick -
  • As I spend a lot of nights out and about, a long-lasting lip color is necessary. I’m also on a budget, so if I invest in expensive make-up, I expect it to last. When I mentioned before that it lasts, I mean it lasts all night, for about 7+ hours as long as you’re not eating anything too greasy. Also, the capsule itself is pretty large and worth the money in that sense as well.

• Lime Crime Velvetine Matte Liquid Lipstick -
  • As you can see, the color is super brown, rich, and deep. If you have an olive complexion like me, this is perfect for you. A downside to this lipstick is that since it’s created to dry quickly, it can leave your lips super dry at the end of the night. With that said, make sure you put on a bit of chap stick before applying.

• Lime Crime Velvetine Matte Liquid Lipstick -
  • Also, another downside to it being long-lasting and quick-drying is that if you do not use similarly colored lip liner before hand, it can come out messy and uneven (as shown in the picture).

• Lime Crime Velvetine Matte Liquid Lipstick -
  • This may not be a color for a day-look, but more-so for an evening outing. Also, because the color is so dramatic, I tend to match the boldness by created a strong eyebrow and eye look, or else it ends up looking a little witch-y.

• Lime Crime Velvetine Matte Liquid Lipstick -
  • If you have a steady hand and feel comfortable with outlining your lips, this is probably a good match for you. If you’re looking for something a little more casual and everyday, this may not be for you.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this to anyone with an olive complexion that is also looking for a long-lasting, deep, and dramatic look. Just remember to be neat and precise or else you may end up with a huge mess!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121041643510530/k2311a0421/4.21.15