Lunapads Organic Mini Pad & Insert Set
  • After experiencing health issues due to a sensitivity to conventional menstrual products, I decided to switch to healthier alternatives such as menstrual cups and reusable cloth pads
  • Although I know I made the right decision to only order one, within an hour of trying the Lunapads Organic Mini Pad & Insert, I found myself wishing I had ordered more
  • The set cost $17.99 CDN, which is the same as ordering from the Lunapads website
  • Unlike many reusable cloth pads which are an all-in-one design, Lunapads uses a pad and insert design
  • I highly recommend this product to all women

• by Marley Justine

After experiencing health issues due to a sensitivity to conventional menstrual products, I decided to switch to healthier alternatives such as menstrual cups and reusable cloth pads. Because there is an initial investment with cloth pads, I decided to only purchase the Lunapads Organic Mini Pad & Insert Set, which includes one pad and one insert, from Well.ca, rather than establishing a collection of cloth pads that would last my entire cycle. Although I know I made the right decision to only order one, within an hour of trying the Lunapads Organic Mini Pad & Insert, I found myself wishing I had ordered more. It was such a wonderful introduction to cloth pads.

As previously mentioned, I purchased the Lunapads Organic Mini Pad & Insert Set from Well.ca. The

set cost $17.99 CDN, which is the same as ordering from the Lunapads website. If you are looking to save $3.00, you can opt for regular cotton as opposed to organic. It is still a healthier and safer option than conventional pads and tampons.

Initially, $17.99 CDN for one pad and one insert seemed expensive. However, with proper care, Lunapads, like most other cloth pads, can be reused for over five years. So in the long run, it should save you money.

Unlike many reusable cloth pads which are an all-in-one design, Lunapads uses a pad and insert design. The pad snaps to your underwear and inserts are held in place with two bands, one at either end. The pad is designed to last all day, while the

inserts should be changed as often as you would replace a conventional pad or tampon. If the insert is left too long and soaks through, the pad will also have to be changed. While there are products designed especially for heavy-flow days, multiple inserts can be used to increase absorbency. If you are looking to switch exclusively to Lunapads, you should have one pad for everyday of your cycle, plus one or two additional pads, just in case. You should have as many inserts as the number of conventional pads or tampons you use each cycle, and again, you may wish to have a few extra.

Ordering from Well.ca, I did not have a choice in the color of the pads or inserts. While there is a ‘Surprise ...

• Lunapads Organic Mini Pad & Insert Set
      Me’ option when ordering directly from Lunapads, customers are able to select a certain color or pattern if they wish. I was quite happy with ‘Cosmic Dancer’. Because it is purple, discoloration and staining should not be obvious. In addition to ‘Cosmic Dancer’, if you are worried about staining or discoloration, I recommend ‘Black’ or ‘Cabin Fever’.

After ordering, I was warned to be careful washing both the pad and insert because there were complaints of color running and the product being prone to shrinking. Until I actually saw the product, shrinking didn’t concern me, but the mini pads and inserts are only 8″ long, which compared to most cloth pads is extremely short. As recommended, I washed both prior to the first use and I am happy to

say that I did not have any problems with the color running or the product shrinking. That said, I do not anticipate ordering the 8″ minis again.

Before trying the Lunapads Organic Mini Pad & Insert Set, I was expecting cloth pads to look and feel bulky. Of course, they are thicker than a normal pair of underwear but also softer and extremely comfortable. I also worried that I would have to be very cautious every time I moved. While I would not recommend this product for anything more than moderate physical activity, I am able to move freely and with confidence without the product moving or leaking.

Overall, my experience with the Lunapads Organic Mini Pad & Insert Set has been nothing but positive. I highly recommend this product to all women.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416041643301130/k2311a0416/4.16.15