Horrible Bosses 2 (comedy movie)
1.5
  • I was one of those people who actually thought that the movie Horrible Bosses was funny
  • While it had a few funny scenes here and there, I thought it needed a lot more work for the movie to actually be deemed as enjoyable
  • This was the main problem that I had with the characters in Horrible Bosses 2
  • I actually thought that her character of the hot sexually abusive boss had put a new and interesting twist on things in the previous movie, and I thought that a number of her scenes were hilarious
  • One of them was the scene that I found was reminiscent to the Ocean's Eleven franchise where the team begins to envision the execution of their ingenius plan, and then afterwards imagines their reward which is getting away with all the money

by Redtape

I was one of those people who actually thought that the movie Horrible Bosses was funny. Therefore, when I heard that there was going to be a sequel, was looking forward to seeing what they would do with it. However watching it was a different story. While it had a few funny scenes here and there, I thought it needed a lot more work for the movie to actually be deemed as enjoyable.
  • Horrible Bosses 2 (comedy movie)
  • In Horrible Bosses 2, the main characters from the previous movie Nick Hendricks, Dale Arbus and Kurt Buckman decide to create their own business instead of having to deal with their despicable employers. They develop a product that they call the “Shower Buddy”, which they believe will gain a lot of sales, but the only investor that they are able to find is a business owner, Burt Hanson, and his son Rex. Hanson manages to trick the three into taking their inventory, forcing them into foreclosure and leaving the three friends approximately half a million dollars in debt.

After realising there is nothing they can do legally to get back their inventory or get themselves out of debt, Kurt, Nick and Dale decide to kidnap Rex as a last resort and use the ransom to bail themselves out. Their plan fails and they decide to walk away from a potentially big mistake. However, the tables turn when Rex discovers their intentions and forces them to commit the crime.

• Horrible Bosses 2 (comedy movie)
  • My sense of humour is such that I have the ability to find the dim-wittedness of some characters funny almost as much as I’m able to enjoy a witty joke. Nevertheless I also know that “stupid” can be overdone to the point where funny becomes unbearably annoying, just as much as witty can turn into blatantly offensive.

This was the main problem that I had with the characters in Horrible Bosses 2. In attempt at trying to appear funny, characters such as Dale and Kurt kept saying the stupidest things and making the dumbest choices, a combination of which gave me the urge to slap both the actor and whoever wrote the monstrosity of a screenplay. As a result, scenes such as the one where Dale and Kurt break into the office and keep using Nick’s first and last name over the frequency were almost physically painful to watch.

• Horrible Bosses 2 (comedy movie)
  • When I heard that there was going to be a sequel to Horrible Bosses, one of the things that I remember looking forward to was seeing Jennifer Aniston’s character Julia again. I actually thought that her character of the hot sexually abusive boss had put a new and interesting twist on things in the previous movie, and I thought that a number of her scenes were hilarious.

Unfortunately, in this movie Aniston’s character feels stale and overused to me. Julia’s lewd and lascivious behaviour feels more pitiful than annoying and once again something else in the movie that screams overdone.

• Horrible Bosses 2 (comedy movie)
  • There were one and two things that I didn’t mind too much about Horrible Bosses 2. One of them was the scene that I found was reminiscent to the Ocean’s Eleven franchise where the team begins to envision the execution of their ingenius plan, and then afterwards imagines their reward which is getting away with all the money. Nevertheless, the bad part of this is it becomes very anticlimatic when absolutely nothing goes according to their perfect plan.

• Horrible Bosses 2 (comedy movie)
  • Perhaps one of the few scenes that I actually found funny out of the entire one hour and fifty five minutes of this film was in the beginning when the three friends go on a morning show to talk about their new product. There is a part where the device malfunctions on television and Dale tries to fix it while Kurt is standing. However, the angle that both the characters are positioned makes it look as if they’re doing something completely different.

If you like terrible jokes that most people can’t stand and can stomach extremely silly then you might like this movie. Otherwise, it would probably be wise for you to watch something else.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1116041643291130/k2311a0416/4.16.15