Whirlpool MT4110SPQ Countertop Microwave Oven  » Electronics  »
  • While it might have been slightly more expensive than our previous microwave oven, I decided to get it anyway because it looked like the best quality option that was within my budget at the time
  • Years later I'm happy I made the decision to buy this appliance because I've never had a problem with it malfunctioning
  • However, I think that this microwave is a lot more efficient
  • However, when I realised that I could select Soup as an option in EZ-Choice Auto-Reheat, I found that most times the soup would be well done by the end of the heating cycle

by Redtape

After our house got burglarised just a few years ago, we had to get new appliances to replace the ones we lost and this was one of them. While it might have been slightly more expensive than our previous microwave oven, I decided to get it anyway because it looked like the best quality option that was within my budget at the time. Years later I’m happy I made the decision to buy this appliance because I’ve never had a problem with it malfunctioning.
  • Whirlpool MT4110SPQ Countertop Microwave Oven
  • My Whirlpool MT4110SPQ Countertop Microwave Oven is white in colour, and is approximately ten and a half inches in height and nearly twenty inches in length. On the outside you can see that it is equipped with a “control panel”, a “metal shielded window”, “a door open push button” and even a “cooking guide label.”

On the inside it is also equipped with a “removable turn table” and even a “door lock system”.

• Whirlpool MT4110SPQ Countertop Microwave Oven
  • This particular model of the Whirlpool brand might not be as advanced or as new as some, but I love it all the same because it does its job efficiently. Therefore, unlike the microwave I would use at work, this one can heat my food in a mere 40 seconds as long as it isn’t frozen. I would have needed at least a minute to properly heat my food with my previous microwave and at least two minutes with the one at work.

• Whirlpool MT4110SPQ Countertop Microwave Oven
  • Like my previous microwave, the Whirlpool MT4110SPQ Countertop Microwave Oven also has separate options for heating refrigerated pizza, popping popcorn and heating beverages. However, I think that this microwave is a lot more efficient.

To illustrate, when using my previous microwave and some others like the one at work, I would use the “Popcorn” option to do microwave popcorn. However, it would always either burn even though I would follow instructions or just plain don’t pop properly.

With this Whirlpool model though, all I have to do is select the menu option for the size of the popcorn bag in ounces, and nine our of ten times it’s done properly.

• Whirlpool MT4110SPQ Countertop Microwave Oven
  • Something else that I love about this microwave is that it has several tones, each of which represents something. This is one of the features that makes using it a little easier.

For example, if I’m heating food up in the microwave and forget about it, the microwave would sound three beeps along with a display of the word “END” to remind me that it has reached the end of its heating cycle. It will also make five beeps while defrosting something to indicate that I need to check it, separate it or turn it. These tones can also be turned off.

• Whirlpool MT4110SPQ Countertop Microwave Oven
  • The Whirlpool MT4110SPQ Countertop Microwave Oven is also equipped with EZ-Choice options such as “Auto-Cook”, “Auto-Defrost” and “Auto-Reheat”. In other words, I don’t have to stand and think about how much time I’ll have to reheat or cook certain foods, whent he times and powers are already pre-programmed for each one.

For example, I’ve always found defrosting soup to be a bit tricky. When I try to defrost it by inputting a time, it can turn out to be hot on the outside and cold or frozen on the inside at the end of the heating cycle.

However, when I realised that I could select “Soup” as an option in EZ-Choice Auto-Reheat, I found that most times the soup would be well done by the end of the heating cycle.

As I mentioned, this might not be the newest or most advanced microwave oven, but the Whirlpool MT4110SPQ Countertop Microwave Oven is great to use because it’s user friendly, efficient and overall great quality.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1630031642920531/k2311a0330/3.30.15