Frozen Fever (2015 Animated Short Film)  » Movies  »
2.5
  • The story is awfully slight and I know that they couldn't do much in 7 minutes, but this is too slight regardless
  • The birthday idea is interesting and it has a couple of endearing sequences, especially the ending which is wonderfully warm and Disney earned that scene with great character development and troubled history between the two sisters
  • Olaf is probably the best character here which is a shame because he wasn't that good in the first film
  • The animation is still great as well as the character design

by David Lazovic

After over a year, the long awaited sequel to the smash hit Frozen has finally arrived and I have to say that it is a major disappointment.
  • Frozen Fever (2015 Animated Short Film)
  • The story is awfully slight and I know that they couldn’t do much in 7 minutes, but this is too slight regardless. The birthday idea is interesting and it has a couple of endearing sequences, especially the ending which is wonderfully warm and Disney earned that scene with great character development and troubled history between the two sisters.

• Frozen Fever (2015 Animated Short Film)
  • As for the characters, Kristoff is there barely, but the brief moment with Hans is hilarious and definitely a highlight here. Olaf is probably the best character here which is a shame because he wasn’t that good in the first film. His jokes were adequate to his persona and should prove amusing to children.

• Frozen Fever (2015 Animated Short Film)
  • Anna lacks her spunk here which is a huge disappointment, but Elsa is great. She is really caring for her sister, warm and compassionate and it is quite charming to watch her endlessly try to organize her sister’s birthday party despite her evident cold.

• Frozen Fever (2015 Animated Short Film)
  • The animation is still great as well as the character design. The new characters Snowgies are just there for the charm and cutesy factor, but it is well thought out if repetitive.

• Frozen Fever (2015 Animated Short Film)
  • And the ending with Olaf putting them all in a palace and naming them all is again a proof that he is the finest character here and a highlight which is weird and unexpected. Elsa’s new magic powers are also touched upon and it definitely opens it up for a feature sequel along with the Hans sequence.

Frozen Fever is definitely more meant for children to enjoy and it is simply fun to see all of those charming characters again on the big screen, but it is still some slight stuff with mediocre singing parts and not enough standout scenes. But it still has its heartwarming moments as well as fine jokes and it is all around a solid if disappointing film.

x-zel says :

re : The animation is still great as well as the character design
Yeah.. Ever since I was a child I am found of watching Disney movies. When I was a child, I used to think that I could be the Snow White which is as white as snow, or The Princess who turn into a maid, Cinderella, or the girl who will be lock in the tower, Rapunzel. As the time flies the and my age is getting higher, I still can’t forget the movies that taught me many things to believe to myself and to have courage and the act of true love. Those stories that still glued in my brain and stock in my memories. Now that we are getting smarter and smarter, the animation is greater and greater. The first time I watched the Frozen gave me goosebumps and impress me. The animation was really great. When Elsa was making her castle with matching singing is great and fantastic idea.

Jelly Rose Escueta says :

The movie is the most unique of all collection of Disney. Even my brother who does not watch animation movies, he suggested this movie for me to watch. He said that it was not the usual story and singing with the animals like what Disney used to. There’s no stereotype where a princess bumps a prince then live happily ever after.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1130031642890531/k2311a0330/3.30.15