Blog building with Blogger
  • Some time ago, I decided to combine all of my tutorials into one pile and make a blog
  • This is not the best result obviously, you can have a much better design, but building this took only a few minutes
  • I think it's because of the limitations that I told you about in the beginning
  • You can add interesting and useful gadgets to your blog
  • I recommend this if you need a quick blog to build, it's easy and free but if you need something which must have a great design, then you should code it yourself, it's hard to obtain a great design with blogger but it's a great tool for building a simple blog for sharing your ideas

by Davit Safrastyan

Some time ago, I decided to combine all of my tutorials into one pile and make a blog. I didn’t knew much about blog making tools, I googled the phrase “build your blog free” and came across blogger. I think it wasn’t bad, I liked blogger.
  • Blogger
  • So, blogger is a simple blog building tool. It’s a google product so it might already give you a little idea about it’s performance and fame.

The first thing which took me there is the limitation list per account, which I liked very much. It turns out, that you can have up to 100 blogs per account, and in each blog you can have infinite number of posts and pages.

I have to say that it is very easy to use. Without knowing anything about web programming back then, I achieved the result which you can check out at http://manyprogrammingtutorials.blogspot.com . This is not the best result obviously, you can have a much better design, but building this took only a few minutes.

Since it’s a google product, your gmail account is enough to start blogging.

• Blogger
  • Let’ begin with the main process of creating your blog. It’s super easy. Above you can see the main window of creating your blog. Only 3 fields to fill, the title, the address and the starting template choice.

The title is not a big deal, it can be anything you want, it’s going to appear on the top of your blog.

Choosing the address might be a little hard. My blog was about programming, mainly programming tutorials. I tried a lot of possible addresses, almost all of them were busy. I think it’s because of the limitations that I told you about in the beginning. Many people just create blogs, just for taking the address because in future they might want to build something, but they leave it that way. As a result, the name which suits your blog perfectly, is already taken by someone who is not even using it. I checked all the addresses which I tried and got the “sorry the address is already taken” message. Almost all of them were empty blogs.

The template choice is a temporary one for giving you an overall look, you can change it later, and there is a bunch of templates available for that.

• Blogger
  • Now we are at the most important section: publishing posts. Above you can have an overall look at the post editor. The editor is a very good one, there is practically everything you need: changing colors, uploading pictures, changing font family and size, and much more.

But still, if you are not satisfied, you are free to switch to HTML mode and type in your won code for that specific post.

• Blogger
  • Now a little bit about the layout of your blog. Above you can see the section where you can modify the layout. It’s simple as well. As you can see it’s just a bunch of blocks to move around. Although there are some rules which you have to follow. There are some blocks which can’t be moved, although their content may be changed. You can add interesting and useful gadgets to your blog. There are many of them. The most common gadget is the HTML/Javascript gadget which is a little block where you can put your own code.

• Blogger
  • The statistics of the traffic of your blog is very well designed. You can see every interesting detail about the traffic. The picture above is the general traffic statistics page, there are also sections where you can check the traffic by posts, pages and countries in a more detailed way.

• Blogger
  • I like this field very much. In my opinion, google adsense is one of the best (if not the absolute best) method to monetize your content. If you are using blogger, then the process of monetization will be much easier for you. After you successfully monetized your blog, you can control everything from inside the blogger. The adsense will generate advertisements which suit your blog’s content.

There is one disadvantage which is not a minor one. You can invite other authors to your blog. Every member can have one of the 2 following “powers”: author or admin. The author can only publish the posts, but he doesn’t have access to anything else. The admin on the other hand, has access to everything. If you are the founder of your blog, then promoting one to admin will give him all the powers which you have, including the power of removing other members from the blog including you. Some nasty situations may occur if you are going to work with random people across the internet.

I recommend this if you need a quick blog to build, it’s easy and free but if you need something which must have a great design, then you should code it yourself, it’s hard to obtain a great design with blogger but it’s a great tool for building a simple blog for sharing your ideas.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2026031642700631/k2311a0326/3.26.15