Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought this shampoo from Target at about $5 for about 20 fl oz
  • And I thought that it would condition my hair, like it stated it would
  • I was disappointed and would not purchase this product if you have dry hair

Charlotte says :

I use these products quite often, everything about them is very luxurious. From the scent, to the silky feel in your hand, to the dramatic commercials, and aesthetic coconut on the front. I purchased this product at Harris Teeter, and am very pleased, as I purchased two bottles on sale. That day, my hair was remarkably tangled and unruly and only barely under control. Not to mention smelling like greasy hair and the ends so how becoming dry, dead grasses equivalent. The rest of my hair is fine, but I’m not sure how the ends are like that, as I never use heat. The conditioner its self is a lovely pastel blue color, not to over powering, but pleasing. I worked it through my hair and yes did shave my legs as I waited as usual for maximum effect. When I washed it out my ends were much softer and more suble, I was very pleased. My hair smelled fantastic, like a light coconut island breeze, not the best analogy, but it smelled wonderful. I’ve used hair products in the past that have nauseated me all day, not this one though. The next time I used this product, which was about 3 days later and still going soft, I didn’t shave my legs and left it in for about 30 seconds to a minute. The results were just as good as when I did shave my legs. This is a wonderful conditioner

Sydney says :

I’m not sure what was up with mine then. I used the shampoo only, and I agree it had a nice scent to it (mainly the reason I bought it) but it didn’t leave my hair conditioned at all. Maybe it might be because we have different hair. My hair is damaged from the heat styling that I regularly do, but that’s besides the point. If a product claims to hydrate and make hair “more manageable” then I think it should live up to that claim despite the hair type that uses it. I think it does get rid of the greasy hair, only because it completely dries the hair out. I’m not sure where this product went wrong for me, but I highly doubt I got a`defective’ one. Maybe it works on certain hair types and not the rest? But I don’t understand how it’s worked for you… But I suppose it’s a good thing. It just didn’t work for me.

Jennifer Davis says :

My daughter has thick frizzy hair but recently her stylist suggested that we use a hydrating shampoo to help tame the frizz. It kinda sounded odd to me, should I buy this for her and let her use this? I don’t want her to have additional problems with her hair.

Sydney replies :

I think the problem for me was that I didn’t use the same brand of shampoo with the herbal essence conditioner. If you really think this product will help, then I suggest trying to find samples of both the shampoo conditioner for your daughter to use. But I have the same problem with my hair and I would totally recommend using the 3 minute miracle moist deep conditioner by Aussie, I swear it works amazingly And you don’t have to use their whole line of products to get moisture in your hair, you can use just the deep conditioner and it works really well. Recently I’ve added the moist shampoo to my hair care routine with the deep conditioner and it is heaven I’ll be writing a review about it soon if you’re really interested :)

quick note by anonymous :

I thought it smelled great but could definitely use some kind of better moisturizer and mabye like an oil because afterwards my hair was brittle

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123031642590531/k2311a0323/3.23.15