d.light LED Solar Rechargeable #S20 Area Lantern  » Housewares  »
  • After doing a lot of searching online I decided to purchase a solar lantern
  • I could leave it on all night and it wouldn't cost me anything
  • The Solar panel is built into the top of the unit, which has a narrow almost cup-shaped design which can easily be placed on a window sill where it can recharge with no problem

• by Timothy Ward

I purchased the d.light LED Solar Rechargeable Lantern because I had an issue in my apartment that I assume many people face.

The light switch for the living room in my apartment is actually in the kitchen so whenever I came home at night I would have to stumble through the living room in the dark until I reached the kitchen and could turn on the light.

This resulted in several stubbed toes, broken plates, and numerous other minor inconveniences. The obvious solution would be to leave a light on but I sometimes get home very late and I didn’t want to waste all that

electricity.

I considered a small nightlite, but I was too cheap for that too.

After doing a lot of searching online I decided to purchase a solar lantern. I could leave it on all night and it wouldn’t cost me anything. All I had to do was put it back in the window every morning and let it recharge all day in the sun.

I am very satisfied with my d.light LED Solar Lantern. For starters it was reasonably priced at about $18.00. While there were cheaper lanterns available they struck me as inferior when it came to quality.

The d.light LED Solar Lantern is easy to use as well. There is one big button on the top and you click it once for low light, twice for high light, and clicking it a third time turns it off.

The Solar panel is built into the top of the unit, which has a narrow almost cup-shaped design which can easily be placed on a window sill where it can recharge with no problem.

The lantern comes with a cord that can be plugged into a wall outlet to charge the unit that way but I never had to use it. Even on cloudy days my lantern had enough juice to illuminate all ...

• d.light LED Solar Rechargeable #S20 Area Lantern
      night. In fact, it turned right on when I took it out of the box it was shipped in even though it had been away from direct sunlight for days!

I’ve never used the lantern in a camping situation but I have used it at my girlfriend’s house. She lives in the country where it get pitch black at night and when here porch light went out we used this lantern to get back and forth to our cars. It worked great and we had more than enough light to see where we were going.

The d.light LED Solar Rechargeable #S20 Area Lantern is also pretty

well made and durable. I’ve dropped it a couple times since I’ve had it and it hasn’t broken. chipped, or cracked. The handle is also a nice feature when you want to hang it up high to illuminate a larger area or when your hands are full, it makes it easier to carry.

This is one of those little purchases you make in life that you will be so glad you made for years and years to come. For less than $20 you can get a light source that will never cost you an additional dime to recharge and can be used in a wide variety of situations.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5317031642420731/k2311a0317/3.17.15