American Sniper (biographical drama movie)
  • The movie highlight's Kyle's passion for his role and protecting his country, to the problems he faces within his marriage as a result of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
  • Nevertheless, what was even more surprising was that I thought he was able to capture the real man who was Chris Kyle very well, especially after I had seen videos of the real Chris Kyle, and was able to observe what his mannerisms and personality would have been like
  • I think that an example of this would have to be in the scene where Chris and his wife first meet in a bar and he impresses her with his southern gentleman personality, even though she had only just previously rejected another man
  • However, even though I don't completely disagree with that statement, I still believe that it really depends on how one interprets what was translated to screen from the book as well as what they gathered from the character
  • I believe that the movie did its job of portraying the war on terror from Chris Kyle's point of view, and the character pointed out numerous times that he believed that war was necessary to keep the United States and its freedoms safe

by Redtape

I realise I’m more than a little late, but I only recently heard the story about the legenday American Sniper Chris Kyle, and the movie that was made based on the book he wrote “American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History”. was encouraged to see the movie by people I know who had enjoyed it, as well as through many of the positive reviews I had seen about it. I was not disappointed.
  • American Sniper (biographical drama movie)
  • The movie American Sniper, which was directed by the famous Clint Eastwood, chronicles the exploits of sniper Chris Kyle from the day that he was motivated to become a Navy Seal up until the day that he was murdered. The movie highlight’s Kyle’s passion for his role and protecting his country, to the problems he faces within his marriage as a result of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The movie also chronicles his mission to take out a frightfully skilled sniper who we only know as “Mustafa”.

• American Sniper (biographical drama movie)
  • While watching the movie, I realised that this character was very different from all of those who I had seen the actor Bradley Cooper play. Nevertheless, what was even more surprising was that I thought he was able to capture the real man who was Chris Kyle very well, especially after I had seen videos of the real Chris Kyle, and was able to observe what his mannerisms and personality would have been like.

I think that an example of this would have to be in the scene where Chris and his wife first meet in a bar and he impresses her with his “southern gentleman” personality, even though she had only just previously rejected another man.

• American Sniper (biographical drama movie)
  • Another surprise for me in the movie was Sienna Miller’s portrayal of Chris Kyle’s wife Taya. It was such a shock to me because I thought that she did fairly well in the role. Even her accent sounded very believable to me; whereas I’d never really thought of her as an exceptionally talented actress after seeing her play roles in movie such as “Alfie” and “Cassanova”.

I thought that Sienna did such a great job in scenes such as

• American Sniper (biographical drama movie)
  • When watching a movie like this one about a legendary sniper, most people would expect that there would be some amount of action and suspense in the movie, and thankfully it did not disappoint. As a matter of fact, most of the action sequences are contained in the scenes where Kyle and the other soldiers are hunting the Al-Queda terrorist leader “Aby Musab al-zarawi”, and of course where Kyle faces off against Mustafa.

Scenes such as the one where Kyle finally takes the shot that kills Mustafa are very suspenseful to watch, since the same sniper currently had his eye on several U.S. soldiers; as well as the shot that Kyle must take is very difficult to the point of being almost improbable.

• American Sniper (biographical drama movie)
  • One of the criticisms I’ve heard mentioned about the movie in reviews on the internet and even on television is that the movie is very “pro-war”. However, even though I don’t completely disagree with that statement, I still believe that it really depends on how one interprets what was translated to screen from the book as well as what they gathered from the character.

I believe that the movie did its job of portraying the war on terror from Chris Kyle’s point of view, and the character pointed out numerous times that he believed that war was necessary to keep the United States and its freedoms safe. In addition, the movie was based on Kyle’s autobiography and so any other portrayal or the promotion of any other view, would have been inaccurate.

On the other hand, some could say that the movie even has an “anti-war” message since it also focuses on Kyle’s Post Traumatic stress Disorder, by showing scenes such as the one where he attacks a dog who was playing with a little boy.

I’m giving this movie a “close to excellent” rating because it seems as if all who were involved in the making of the movie did their very best, as well as it strives to stay as realistic and true-to-life as possible unlike a lot of war movies such as Black Hawk Down.

Kristina says :

re : Nevertheless, what was even more surprising was that I thought he was able to capture the real man who was Chris Kyle very well, especially after I had seen videos of the real Chris Kyle, and was able to observe what his mannerisms and personality would have been like
I was worried about Bradley Cooper portraying Chris Kyle, because I have mostly seen him in comedies, when I saw the transformation he went through to get ready for his role as Chris Kyle I changed my mind. I was very pleased with his portrayal of Chris Kyle. Later. I read an article in People about the American Sniper and I learned that Bradley Cooper really has a heart for military personnel and he spent time studying Chris’s mannerisms, and I must say I have nothing but respect for the man and I am very grateful for his portrayal of Chris Kyle.

Andrew Leith says :

The results are fantastic and speak for itself. The movie “American Sniper” reached large audiences around the world and made a whopping $ 547.4 million dollars. I think Bradley Cooper did wonderfully in his transformation, and critics from Rotten Tomatoes “as the most lethal weapon in US history.” Clint Eastwood as movie director, did a splendid job his directing a movie is as amazing and intense as his acting.

Andrew says :

Good Review.

Redtape replies :

Andrew Leither says :

It’s a catchy start to your review and carries a lot of promise and weight I think I have seen this movie or maybe it was a movie that was similar to the American Sniper.

Tonya Rose says :

American Sniper was a great movie about a Sailor, not soldier. It is important to the story to understand he was a Navy Seal and the kind of life that involves…military life is already a strain on the service member and the family,but serving as a Seal creates so much more pressure on the Sailor and it is reflected in American Sniper really well. Clint Eastwood, as a director, tells stories with his movies, I enjoy the way he dives into the characters in his films and makes them human to everyone watching. Bradley Cooper’s portrayal of Chris Kyle was amazing, he bulked up and grew the beard, he physically resembled Kyle and he studied his mannerisms and voice which comes thru in the movie. Overall, a great film about an American Hero and the struggles that those who serve go through that civilians just can’t understand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1112031642291231/k2311a0312/3.12.15