The Fresh Hummus Co. Spinach Artichoke Hummus
  • In this case I decided to try The Fresh Hummus Co
  • Unlike the other flavors of hummus like Garlic, Red pepper and Herbs, Spinach and Artichoke is very outside of the box in my opinion
  • It was different, but still it tasted delicious
  • I would recommend this product to a friend

• by nitakb

There is just something scrumptious about hummus. Ever since being introduced to the lovely dip, I haven’t been the same since. In this case I decided to try The Fresh Hummus Co. Spinach Artichoke Hummus.

In the beginning, the thought of the two very distinct vegetables in this dip made me feel a little skeptical, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to switch it up a little bit. The absolute worst that could happen was that I would end up disliking

the product.

The Fresh Hummus Co. Spinach Artichoke Hummus has what I would describe as a very distinct flavor. Unlike the other flavors of hummus like Garlic, Red pepper and Herbs, Spinach and Artichoke is very outside of the box in my opinion. I actually like spinach but the flavor of Artichoke is an acquired taste. It’s a vegetable that I don’t look to buy regularly.

So to say when tasting Artichoke blended with the selected seasonings it tasted good. Though it was still a strong flavor that was almost overpowering. Also because spinach is a vegetable that takes on other flavors, there wasn’t really a distinction in flavor.

The hummus still has the appeal of the nutty flavor of Sesame Tahini, which I was grateful for, because once the stronger flavors wore off, I was able to enjoy the Tahini flavor. Without Tahini you litterally have chickpea dip instead of hummus that many people know and love.

The seasonings include sea salt,

• The Fresh Hummus Co. Spinach Artichoke Hummus
      onion, nutmeg, black pepper, parsley, paprika. Nothing exotic, but generally added to the overall flavor.

The appearance of this hummus looks pretty normal with the exception of the bits of spinach and artichoke that is blended in. Both of the vegetables appeared to be previously cooked and then added to the dip and stirred.

One Serving, which is two tablespoons is sixty calories with forty five being from fat. There is one hundred and fifty milligrams of sodium, and four

grams of carbs, with one gram of sugar and one gram of protein. This hummus is also gluten free.

A container of this hummus can be found at Walmart and costs $2.98. Which isn’t all too bad considering most store bought Hummus costs about $4 to $5 depending on where you shop.

Overall I liked this hummus. It was different, but still it tasted delicious. I can see myself buying this in the future.

I would recommend this product to a friend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 279031642230731/k2311a039/3.9.15