Calgon Take Me Away Morning Glory Fragrance Body Mist
2.5
  • When ever the opportunity reveals itself I like to try some of their newer fragrance or ones I haven't tried yet
  • I thought the fragrance would wear off throughout the day and maybe take on a slightly different scent
  • I think I will keep this body mist for hard times or when I some how run out of air freshener
  • Calgon isn't a bad brand, but this in my opinion isn't one of their greatests fragrance
  • I wouldn't recommend this product to a friend

• by nitakb

Being the product junkie that I am, I tend to try many different beauty products. In this case it was Calgon Take Me Away Morning Glory Fragrance Body Mist.

I personally love Calgon products. They’re known to have great smelling products at affordable prices. When ever the opportunity reveals itself I like to try some of their newer fragrance or ones I haven’t tried yet.

Whenever I am out looking for fragrances, I tend to lean more for woodsy, musky scents but at times I do like to floral scents also. The fragrance of morning glory appealed to me since I do like

the scent of real morning glories. It’s such a delicate scent, that lingers in the atmosphere and just tingles the senses. The thought of possibly capturing this delicate fragrance in a bottle was intriguing.

The body mist comes in this light blue shade that sprays on clear once misted from the body. I first tested this fragrance on a piece of paper to make sure it wouldn’t possibly leave behind a stain. As silly as it may sound, I have had body mists to leave colored stains behind on my clothing in the past.

In my first use of this body mist,

I made sure to have fresh clean skin, so I could fully reap the benefits of the fragrance. Even though the bottle directions say to spritz mist all over my body, I only spritzed on my heat points.

As with all fragrances, they usually smell different in the bottle than they do on a person due to individual body chemistry. In the bottle, it was a pretty strong fragrance that smelled like flowers, but not so much of morning glories. The fragrance was similar to the scent of a bottle of generic air freshener or laundry detergent. It’s not so much ...

• Calgon Take Me Away Morning Glory Fragrance Body Mist
      that it smelled bad, but I certainly wasn’t looking to be smelling like I wasted a container of laundry soap on myself.

I thought the fragrance would wear off throughout the day and maybe take on a slightly different scent. I was wrong. Even after six hours of wear I still smelled like I had recently spritzed the body mist. It was still strong, and I could smell it with every breath I made. I can imagine it would have been worse had I followed directions and spritzed all over myself.

I have mixed feelings about this body mist. It’s not

so much that it doesn’t smell great, but it doesn’t smell anything like Morning Glories. It’s anything but delicate. I like that it lingered as long as it did, I just it wish it smelled different.

I think I will keep this body mist for hard times or when I some how run out of air freshener. Because of this body mist staying power I would rather spray in on my furniture than clothing.

Calgon isn’t a bad brand, but this in my opinion isn’t one of their greatests fragrance. The idea was there but the fragrance fell short.

I wouldn’t recommend this product to a friend.

Christiana Alvarez says :

my daughter wants to begin wearing perfume but at 12 I feel like she is still alittle young for something too strong. Would this be a good substitute for her? IF so, how much is it? and where can I purchase some for my daughter?

nitakb replies :

Hello Christiana,

I would not recommend this fragrance to your daughter, because it is it too strong. It’s overpowering and would mostly irritate your daughter’s skin as it has a highly perfumed.

There are a number of perfume selections for younger girls. One brand that I would recommend is Body Fantasies. They have light body sprays that are not so heavy in fragrance but still smells good and lasts long.

A good choice from Body fantasies is their signature sweet pea fantasy. It’s a light delicate fragrance that smells sweet. You can buy a small travel bottle for $ 1 or medium sized bottle for $ 3.

Also Bath and Body Works offers light fragrances that may appeal to your daughter too. Warm Vanilla sugar, it’s fragrance is mostly vanilla with swirled sandalwood. Their small travel size bottle is $ 6 and their full size bottle is $ 14

Then there is Sweet pea from Bath and Body Works. It has a nice floral fruity smell that is not too overpowering. The small travel size bottle also costs $ 6 and their full size is $ 14.

In the end, it really depends on what your personal preferences are for your daughter.

Hope this helps,

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316031642171231/k2311a036/3.6.15