There Will Be Blood (epic drama movie)  » Movies  »
  • However, when I watched the movie straight through, I found out that the title could be anything from a reference to the oil that the protagonist worked with, to his sacrifices for success or the consequences of what resulted from his bordering on sociopath personality
  • Each of Daniel's contracts are generally accompanied by some form of craftiness on his part where he will swindle the people who have given him the contract in order to maximize his profit in the best way possible
  • Nevertheless, I believe that it is a combination of all the elements such as the dialogue, the acting and even the way that it is filmed that makes it so impressive
  • I thought that this realness was shown in the scene where we first see the main character Daniel and his team digging for oil
  • I don't believe that everyone will like the movie There Will Be Blood, but I certainly recommend it to movie lovers who don't mind watching epic dramas

by Redtape

I’ve found it so strange that I had never heard of the 2007 movie “There Will Be Blood” until late last year. Even then I still had no idea what to expect of it because of the title. A major part of me figured that the plot might have something to do with revenge, and I wondered whose blood would be spilt. However, when I watched the movie straight through, I found out that the title could be anything from a reference to the oil that the protagonist worked with, to his sacrifices for success or the consequences of what resulted from his bordering on sociopath personality.
  • There Will Be Blood (epic drama movie)
  • The plot of the movie “There Will Be Blood” revolves around the story of the life of a successful oil tycoon, Daniel Plainview in the midst of the oil boom in California in the late 1800s. As the movie progresses, we see him grooming his adopted son H. W. to take over by carrying him across the United States on business, in both an attempt to show him how the field works as well as to deceive people and potential investors of his status as a family man.

Each of Daniel’s contracts are generally accompanied by some form of craftiness on his part where he will swindle the people who have given him the contract in order to maximize his profit in the best way possible. Thus, he unusually prides himself in being able to keep things running smoothly according to his plans by getting people to relinquish their control.

However, that all changes one day when a young man Paul approaches him about a massive oil deposit beneath his family’s property. After Daniel decides to take the job and try to execute his usual plans, he is soon faced with a startling amount of surprises and problems that he has never faced before.

• There Will Be Blood (epic drama movie)
  • Despite my initial disappointment that the movie wasn’t going to be one of those blood-soaked thrillers or action movies, I was quickly able to recover after I became hooked to the story. The thing about the plot is that if one were to give a very brief description of the storyline, it most likely would not seem very impressive. Nevertheless, I believe that it is a combination of all the elements such as the dialogue, the acting and even the way that it is filmed that makes it so impressive.

In addition, the plot in itself was so spectacular because of its uniqueness and how real it appeared. It was unique because it’s hard to find another movie with a plot about a turn-of-the-century oil tycoon; and it was also real because it tried to stay true to life about that period of time as well as the way that certain characters might have responded to the situations that they were in.

I thought that this “realness” was shown in the scene where we first see the main character Daniel and his team digging for oil. This was because I thought that it was never filmed in such a way that it never attempted to glamorize what they were doing and showed every aspect of their hard work.

• There Will Be Blood (epic drama movie)
  • I believe that the acting in this movie is iconic especially for the actors Daniel Day-Lewis, who played Daniel Plainview and Paul Dano, who played the twins Paul and Eli Sunday. The thing is that I never really paid much attention to Daniel Day-Lewis because I haven’t seen many movies with him in it. However, seeing him play the main character in “There Will Be Blood” made me realise what an amazing and emotional actor he is as why he has a record of winning an Oscar for Best actor three times.

I was especially impressed by the way that he managed to imitate a perfectly flawless accent even though he is actually English; and I was also impressed by the naturalness of his acting which I think very few actors are able to convey.

I loved his portrayal his character as a frigid bitter man in the scene where H. W. informs him of his decision to get married and then leave for Mexico.

• There Will Be Blood (epic drama movie)
  • One of the things that I definitely have to mention would be the clean visuals in the film. I was extremely impressed with scenes such as the one where H.W. and Daniel go to take a look a the Sunday family property under the guise of being travelers on the road. There is one particular shot that is not only clear, but utilises a lot of space and so it’s easy to view the expanse of the land that Daniel is hoping to discover.

• There Will Be Blood (epic drama movie)
  • Something else I loved about this movie would have to be the evolution of the character Daniel Plainview. I loved how he was made into a very complex character and that was one of the things that contributed to the movie’s realness.

When the movie begins and I saw Daniel taking H. W. around with him, it was easy for me to interpret that despite his flaws he also had a very close relationship with his son. However, as the film progressed, it became easier for me to see ascertain that this man might not have actually loved his son as much as he claimed, as well as he began to exhibit certain psychopathic traits.

For example, there is the scene where Daniel decides to get rid of H.W. by sending him away on a train, instead of trying to find ways to adapt to his condition.

I don’t believe that everyone will like the movie There Will Be Blood, but I certainly recommend it to movie lovers who don’t mind watching epic dramas.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 114031642030231/k2311a034/3.4.15