Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Oreo  » Food  »
  • I have had the experience in the past when two famous products flavors are combined, they often taste gross or one flavor is more over powering
  • Which I think is good thing, because I believe it would made the filling taste a little odd
  • I know that peanut butter is known to be salty and the actual candy itself is known also to be salty, but these seemed to have a little more salty in this flavor
  • I would happily without any hesitations recommend to a friend or someone who is a lover or Oreos and Reeses peanut butter cup alike

• by nitakb

Oreo Sandwich cookies hold a special place in my heart for as long as I can remember. You can dip em, break them apart, share them or just eat them as they are. Every now and then I find myself picking up a packet or two of Oreos, when the mood strikes me. Usually in the original flavor. Although, my interest peaked when I spotted a different kind of Oreos, one that made my mouth water instantly. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Oreo.

I could not believe my eyes, when spotting the packet. I am a fan of Reeses peanut butter cups and to see them in sandwich cookie form almost made me want to faint. You can imagine that I

didn’t hesitate to get my hands on them.

The cookie keeps the original Oreo sandwich form, only the filling has this half and half appearance. One side is the chocolate coating and the other is the peanut butter filling. Which makes sense, since mixing the colors would seem kind of weird.

The cookies has the true aroma of Reeces peanut butter cup. I have had the experience in the past when two famous products flavors are combined, they often taste gross or one flavor is more over powering. Given that this a simple product, I didn’t expect this to happen.

I first tasted these cookies by themselves without milk. And in all honesty, the world around me seem to stop as my taste buds singled in on the rich familiar flavor Reeses peanut butter filling, and the chocolate crunch of the Oreo cookies. In my mind, I figured there would be the underlying flavor of the original creme filling, but there wasn’t. Which I think is good thing, because I believe it would made the filling taste a little odd. The only thing that stands out for these cookies is the slight salty taste the occurs after the third cookie or so. I know that peanut butter is known to be salty and the actual candy itself is known also to be salty, but these seemed to have a little more salty in this flavor. Maybe it was just ...

• Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Oreo
      me.

With a cold glass of milk, the cookies tasted even better. I have previously never dipped peanut butter flavor cookies in milk, and now that I have gotten the experience, I am wondering why I haven’t tried it sooner.

One serving, which is two cookies, is one hundred and thirty calories with forty five calories being from fat. There is one hundred and fifteen milligrams of sodium, twenty one grams of carbs and twelve grams of sugar. Given that these cookies are addictive, I know for a fact that I ate more than one serving.

These cookies didn’t stick around for too long either. The package lasted about three days and that’s with will power not to just walk and

eat this tasty cookies. It wasn’t a debate to repurchase another packet of these particular Oreos.

I am deeply saddened that these Reese Peanut Butter Cup Oreos are limited edition and won’t be a permanent member of the Oreo line. If they were to stay, they would have regular sales from myself alone. It seems that whenever something is really good, it’s either limited edition or discounted.

In the end, I am so glad that I stumbled across these cookies. I’m confident that if they were to continue to carry these flavor of Oreos, I will stock up.

I would happily without any hesitations recommend to a friend or someone who is a lover or Oreos and Reeses peanut butter cup alike.

Nishita Poojari says :

The wafers taste like your regular Oreo wafers. You get the same crispy crunch and chocolaty.

The big difference is the cream, which is softer than the standard vanilla-flavored cream. The softness makes them less than uniform out of the package The creme really does feel and taste like peanut butter cupcake. Similar to some cupcakes, the frosting/creme has a tendency to overwhelm the cake portion, or in this case, the Oreo wafers.

Overall, Reeses Peanut butter cup Oreos are pretty good, especially if you prefer the creme over the wafers as the peanut butter flavor is really the star here. Fans of Peanut butter cup frosting are sure to be pleased.

Kalicia m says :

re : I have had the experience in the past when two famous products flavors are combined, they often taste gross or one flavor is more over powering
I’ve always had trouble trying new products. I’m terrified to have my hopes up then be disappointing by the combination.

Angelica Ancheta says :

Two of my favorites I just love how oreo was combined with Reese’s. I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

Jasmin says :

Same here I’m not a fan of peanut/peanut butter food not until I’ve tried Reese’s Peanut Butter Oreo. I suddenly crave for it, wanting for more. Try and see it for yourself. It won’t hurt much if you do then won’t be satisfied.

Jaela Cullison says :

re : I would happily without any hesitations recommend to a friend or someone who is a lover or Oreos and Reeses peanut butter cup alike
I have always loved Oreo’s, such a classic cookie. People who love Reese’s will absolutely love this cookie. It is sweeter than the original, so it is definitively not for everyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274031642010231/k2311a034/3.4.15