Swanson Certified Organic Chicken Broth
  • I like that there was less sodium in this broth
  • To some it may seem watered down or tasteless with the reduced sodium, but I found it perfect because I was able to add my own seasonings to make it just right to my own tastes
  • I know when it comes to other brands and their products, flavor is often lacking when they make healthier varieties
  • I will be using in the foreseeable future and will happily recommend to my friends or a person who is looking for healthier version of an already great product

• by nitakb

Swanson is one of those staple brands that I often times search for when browsing in the grocery store. Whenever I want to skip a step or two in making homemade dishes, Swanson is my goto brand. It effectively makes cooking a breeze.

Swanson has introduced into their line of broths, an organic version of Chicken broth. Which was beyond exciting for me since I am leaning more for healthier eating habits. Chicken broth comes in handy when making certain recipes, and being able to have it on hand in a snap is something that is pretty vital. Just pop the top and pour to the recipes specific instructions or to my heart’s content.

Swanson Certified Organic Chicken Broth, is free

range, ninety nine percent fat free and has no MSG added. There is also 1/3 less sodium than their regular chicken broth. On the package it tells that there is a small amount of glutamate that occurs naturally in organic yeast extract.

I used this broth in making sauces, seasoning vegetables and as a base to some of my soups recipes. I even used the broth to heat up leftovers as suggested on the package. And to be honest, it worked perfectly. No lost of flavor, and no dried out food. With some other added seasonings, this broth really added some kick to my dishes.

I like that there was less sodium in this broth. To some it may

seem watered down or tasteless with the reduced sodium, but I found it perfect because I was able to add my own seasonings to make it just right to my own tastes. Normally, I wouldn’t bother because it was already on the salty side.

It’s also easy to use one entire package. I didn’t have to worry about having any spoil in the fridge after opening. It says to promptly refrigerate unused broth and use within fourteen days. In my case since I cook on a regular basis, and use recipes that often times use broth, I don’t have to worry about it sitting for more than a week. I doubt I would even use any of ...

• Swanson Certified Organic Chicken Broth
      the opened broth after just three days. Given when I make my own, I either use it all up or toss and start fresh.

I also enjoy the fact that it’s certified organic, and isn’t dripping with other added ingredients that aren’t really necessary to the flavor of the broth.

One serving, which is one cup, is fifteen calories, with zero saturated fat, five hundred and fifty milligrams and, one gram of sugar and one gram of protein. It’s also gluten free.

In the ingredients it’s listed that they use seasonings that include, carrot, garlic, turmeric, and sea salt. Which are either in dehydrated form or from concentrate.

I like this chicken broth pretty well. Besides the reduced sodium there is

really no significant difference in taste. I know when it comes to other brands and their products, flavor is often lacking when they make healthier varieties.

Swanson Certified Organic Chicken Broth can be found at Walmart, select grocery stores and online. The cheapest that I have seen is at Walmart which is about $2.88. Which in my opinion isn’t too bad. You can also purchase this product online in bulk at amazon too.

In the end, I am very satisfied with this product and I am glad that I gave it a chance. I will be using in the foreseeable future and will happily recommend to my friends or a person who is looking for healthier version of an already great product.

mona vrabel says :

re : I will be using in the foreseeable future and will happily recommend to my friends or a person who is looking for healthier version of an already great product
I have always used Swanson broth but as I get older, I m looking for the healthiest options. After trying the low sodium broth, I find it s every bit as flavorful and delicious.
My lemon chicken turned out perfect,

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272031641940231/k2311a032/3.2.15