Skyfall (action movie)  » Movies  »
  • Nevertheless, after I decided to try watching Skyfall recently, I enjoyed it so much, that I'm actually eagerly awaiting the release of the next James Bond movie
  • While some even claimed that it was the worst Bond movie ever made, I believe that while it wasn't perfect it still had its strong points
  • I thought whoever directed it made a potentially cliche scene very unique
  • Then of course there was the issue with Severine
  • I recommend Skyfall to people who love James Bond movies as well as just action movies on a whole

by Redtape

I stopped being a James Bond fan years ago, and honestly, I can’t even remember why. This is why I ended up missing Casino Royale. Nevertheless, after I decided to try watching Skyfall recently, I enjoyed it so much, that I’m actually eagerly awaiting the release of the next James Bond movie.
  • Skyfall (action movie)
  • Skyfall begins with an action packed chase, where James Bond and Eve Moneypenny are in pursuit of a man who has stolen a computer hard drive that contains sensitive information. This sensitive information is actually details about all the double agents who are currently working undercover in terrorist organisations. M, Bond’s superior, orders Moneypenny to take a shot at the thief while Bond and the man are fighting on top of a moving train. However, Moneypenny accidentally hits Bond instead, and Bond is assumed dead.

Bond eventually resurfaces in M’s apartment, after a bomb is detonated inside M16’s headquarters despite his feelings of betrayal over the shooting. He helps to pursue the man responsible for everything, who turns out to be Raoul Silva, a double agent turned rouge with a personal vendetta against M.

• Skyfall (action movie)
  • This movie received quite a bit of criticism and a negative reviews mostly due to to the fact that it came off as a little bit anticlimactic in the latter part, as well as the fact that most people didn’t think that the plot was very strong. While some even claimed that it was the worst Bond movie ever made, I believe that while it wasn’t perfect it still had its strong points.

One of these strong points in particular was a number of the riveting action scenes and the near heart attack it gave me in the beginning, deceiving me and the characters into thinking that James Bond might actually be dead. For example, I loved the scene where bond and the thief fight on the train. I thought whoever directed it made a potentially cliche scene very unique.

• Skyfall (action movie)
  • Even though I did not despise the movie as much as a lot of James Bond’s fans might have, I still disliked what they did with Raoul Silva who I thought might have turned out to be a potentially great villain. First of all, while I was watching Skyfall, it seemed like he was taking an eternity to appear and that only piqued my interest.

Then, when the Bond girl Severine started telling Bond about what a sadistic person he is I became even more intrigued with meeting this villain. It was sad to say though that when he finally appeared he did not seem half as sadistic and frightning like Severine described, and frankly I would have yawned if he did not have what I considered as other redeeming qualities.

• Skyfall (action movie)
  • Then of course there was the issue with Severine. When Bond meets her, she gives him a heartwrenching story about how she was a child sex slave and then she fell in love with Silva who stole her away from the life. Silva of course turned out to be much worse than she imagined, and Bond uses her to find Silva’s location. At this point I’m thinking that even though I want Eve and Bond to end up together in the end, I still want Bond to rescue Severine. However, when she is murdered in Silva’s “game”, my rating for the movie went down a little.

• Skyfall (action movie)
  • There was also the rather “rushed” ending that a lot of Bond fans were complaining about, where Bond leads Silva to his parents’ estate in Scotland where they ultimately face off. It was perhaps the biggest thing that I felt dampened the movie. However, I still liked it because it made James Bond more “human” this time around and less like a macho in my opinion. I was finally able to hear even a little about his background and see that he did hold some form of sentiment towards M in the end.

I recommend Skyfall to people who love James Bond movies as well as just action movies on a whole.

ahmed badawy says :

well we cant say that james’s bond movies are not super good but this movie is such a great movie to watch i recommand this a lot it is extremely good

Traceh says :

I didn’t enjoy this movie, I thought the the plot was boring and the acting was not up to the same standard as the previous bond movies.

Kristina says :

re : Nevertheless, after I decided to try watching Skyfall recently, I enjoyed it so much, that I’m actually eagerly awaiting the release of the next James Bond movie
Much better than Quantum of Solace. I also enjoyed all of the similarities to the James Bond book The Man with the Golden Gun by Ian Flemming.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1120021641750528/k2311a0220/2.20.15