Big Hero 6 (Movie)
  • Starting from the design of 'San Fransokyo', it is a bit weird, but in a good way
  • And I must say, I think they are showing off Japan's robotics progress and its technology on how the scenes progress
  • As for the characters, I love their characteristics and each of the main cast are unique in their own way that no one will stand out too much and all of them are equally awesome especially because expert voice actors bring their voices to life
  • J Miller, and (everyone's favorite) Baymax by Scott Adsit
  • Therefore, I recommend this to anyone who is a kid at heart

• by IC Dugan

I keep seeing pictures of this movie in several sites I’ve been surfing and I got curious. Since this movie is from Disney, I didn’t expect it to be a ‘Hero story’. But they did a good job.

Starting from the design of ‘San Fransokyo’, it is a bit weird, but in a good way. They blended the Western and Eastern culture (mainly San Francisco and Tokyo mixture) in a very colorful way and with such distinct visual especially with such high quality graphics and visual effects. And I must say, I think they are showing off Japan’s robotics progress and its technology on how the scenes progress. As for the characters, I love their characteristics and each of the main

cast are unique in their own way that no one will stand out too much and all of them are equally awesome especially because expert voice actors bring their voices to life: Hiro by Ryan Potter, Tadashi by Daniel Henney, GoGo by Jamie Chung, Wasabi by Damon Wayans Jr., Honey Lemon by Genesis Rodriguez, Fred by T.J Miller, and (everyone’s favorite) Baymax by Scott Adsit. The costume design of the characters as well deserves an applause. Each color complements one another and my personal favorite is Honey Lemon’s costume. It highlighted her face and her eyes even more making her look different from her normal red outfit. As for Baymax’s (I have to mention him since many love him obviously)
      he looks so majestic after his last upgrade. And his soft big belly is hidden safely in that armor.

Story wise, I first thought that it would be full blown science fiction (mainly because the first scene was the bot fighting) but Disney surprised me again. Despite its main genre of sci-fi, the movie gives off such warm feeling. That little time where Tadashi is alive didn’t cause any forgetting about Tadashi’s character. In fact, even though he died just before things got interesting, I remember him well all through out the movie especially because Hiro is somewhat his living legacy. I also love how the movie portrayed the grief of losing someone. It is shown in two perspective with Hiro ...

• Big Hero 6 (Movie)
      and Prof. Gallaghan respectively. For Hiro’s part, at first he mourned and lost interest almost to everything until he found another purpose to push him forward with the living memories of his brother. As for Gallaghan, he never moved on from losing his daughter to the point that he wanted revenge so badly that he didn’t even think about what his daughter would’ve wanted. But both of the perspectives shared the same ending of settling down.

I love those lines of Tadashi which Hiro repeated all throughout the movie right after he said that maybe he wasn’t like his brother. But he is. as I’ve said. He is a living legacy of Tadashi.

Additionally, the scene where Baymax chose to be

left in the portal to save Hiro and Abigail, just reminded me of Tadashi’s death. It made the story both beautiful and tragic at the same time. But It made me happy when Hiro found the medical chip and created another Baymax. At least, it lessen the the tragic part of the story.

I want to write more about this movie but I just can’t get the right words off my fingers. So let me just say that Big Hero 6 is definitely worth watching. For me, this movie is awesome not only because of the graphics and colorful background but because of the story itself. Even my mom loves it. Therefore, I recommend this to anyone who is a kid at heart.

Traceh says :

I totally agree. This was a great movie, and I enjoyed the way they bought a lot of humor into the movie. I would recommend it to all ages, it is a must see.

Moe says :

Definitely a wonderful movie Big Hero 6 is a superhero team from the Marvel comics- same comics that produced the characters Iron Man and Captain America1

Tatiana says :

re : Starting from the design of ‘San Fransokyo’, it is a bit weird, but in a good way
The whole San Fransokyo setting was strange, but so lively and colorful that it had all of the viewers amazed. The whole design was amazing. The creators of Big Hero Six deserve huge props for creating such a beautiful backdrop for this movie. The movie had me sad then happy then excited again throughout the entire thing. Overall, it was a cute movie that adults could enjoy as well.

Patricia says :

re : And I must say, I think they are showing off Japan’s robotics progress and its technology on how the scenes progress
I agree. The advancement that these geniuses could bring to the world could be phenomenal. Especially the medical robots that Big Hero 6 portrays. That in itself would be a a great deal of help especially for the elderly living on their own. Ever since this movie came out, my son has been extremely into robots. Not only does the movie show how the world could be but it inspires as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1118021641740528/k2311a0218/2.18.15