Polaroid Bluetooth Portable Speaker, MN PBT521
  • One of my favorite features, because its something that I always forget about is the battery
  • I always forget batteries and then just leave devices sit unused, but that isn't an issue here
  • Highly recommend it for personal or office use, because the sound is great

• by Alpha2Zulu

I was looking for a small and easy to use speaker for our guest bedroom, and because it matched the decor and overall look, I went with the Polaroid Portable Bluetooth Speakers, with the model number PBT 521. This speaker was a great $50 investment for several reasons, and as a bluetooth speaker it worked just as well as a lot of the more expensive home models I have purchase.

The speaker is small and cube shaped, and fits in the palm of my hand, so its not that huge. It does pack a great sound though, with the speakers being located on

the very top of the device, rather than on the sides and projecting outwards. With the speaker on top you have the optimal amount of sound coming out and it can be placed anywhere in the room.

The top of the speaker is just plain plastic that goes around the speaker itself, and then on the bottom front and sides of the cube are the controls for using the bluetooth speaker. Three long, but very thin buttons are all flush with the face of the speaker and control the volume and order of the music that you are playing, but they way in

which you hit the buttons changes which control option you are using. This confused me at first, but once I realized I had skipped a track rather than raised the volume I got the hang of it.

Besides the buttons, the speaker is pretty easy to use, I didn’t have any problems setting it up and getting started with it. It found and held a connection with my phone no matter where I went with it, even if I was downstairs. The battery life with a full charge is at least 8 hours long, that’s the longest I’ve let it run so far.

• Polaroid Bluetooth Portable Speaker, MN PBT521
      You can also control the settings and volume of the speaker from your phone because it has two way control.

I’ve used the speaker with both Android and iOS and it worked well with both, little to no difference between setup and use. One of my favorite features, because its something that I always forget about is the battery. There is a rechargeable battery and the included cord lets you hookup to a laptop or computer as a source of power to recharge it. This means that I don’t need to buy anything for it once I have it and don’t have to

fight with tiny screws. I always forget batteries and then just leave devices sit unused, but that isn’t an issue here.

I got this device for Christmas and I have not had any problems with it yet. Highly recommend it for personal or office use, because the sound is great. It is easy to pull out and use when you want it and put away when you don’t. The white color and modern shape make it easy to go with the rest of your electronics and home decor so if you are looking for something that will fit in well, this is a great option.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1630011641290131/k2311a0130/1.30.15