Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was looking for the best anti aging creams for my mom, and its Positively Ageless Lotion or something received glowing reviews from its customers
  • Well unfortunately they're not selling locally here so there goes my luck
  • Body lotions aren't really a part of my daily routine because my experience tells me all of the lotions I used were sticky
  • But then I wanna see if there really is a lotion that will soften up my skin, so I thought of Aveeno
  • The one time $10 I paid for this is way cheaper compared to the other lotions that cost $15 or $20 which are smaller at that

• by Racquel Donatis

Okay, so I haven’t really heard of Aveeno until I was reading an anti aging guide on Total Beauty. I was looking for the best anti aging creams for my mom, and its Positively Ageless Lotion or something received glowing reviews from its customers. There was also a time when I read another one of its products called Positively Ageless Daily Moisturizer and it also had fairly positive reviews on Amazon. That made me intrigued about Aveeno and it made me wanna try their products. I took a mental note to myself to check them out. Well unfortunately they’re not selling locally here so there goes my luck.

Fast forward to some months, I think. Body lotions aren’t really a part of my daily routine because my experience tells me all of the lotions I used were sticky. Bath And Body Works, for example. But then I wanna see if there really is a lotion that will soften up my skin, so I thought of Aveeno. I ran a search on Amazon to see their lotions and fair enough, all of their lotions had oatmeal as their main ingredient, and the top 5 results I got all had high average ratings. I settled for one, called Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion - which, when I did an Ebay search, was there - and it sold for P600 for it ($14) back in February 2014.

Since I want my review to be as comprehensive as possible, I would like to give you a short tidbit on what it’s about:

Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion is designed to soothe dry, chapped skin due to cold weather, and with its natural oatmeal as its main active ingredient, it can help keep the skin soft while relieving various skin conditions like rashes and redness. It said to keep the skin soft for

up to 24 hours, although I personally don’t buy it.

Its other active ingredient is what we call dimecithone, and according to Google, it is a skin protectant, a kind of silicone that prevents water loss. So in other words, it helps keep your skin hydrated - which, as we all know, is a good skin must-have.

When I finally got this product in the mail, my first impression was, wow, this bottle was really huge. It was 20 ounces or 591 ml, and I’m the only one who’s gonna use it. I want to make my skin soft after a bath, which I always do every night before going to sleep.

So, to make this review as comprehensive as possible, first off I’m going to share with you my basic data:

My skin gets dry after every bath (which I do every night). My hands and feet get chapped and dry. At night the air is cooler, right? So that’s also a contributing factor, since I turn on the air conditioner and it gets cold in the room (Well I can’t turn it off because it will get hot and humid so there’s no choice.) When I lightly scratch my arm it always leaves a white trace, with some residues in it, which indicates that my skin lacks proper moisture. But I don’t have rashes or serious conditions, so I won’t benefit from the oatmeal or something they put in to benefit those with dealing with serious skin ailments.

Okay, so my first impression upon using this product for the first time was, its texture was rich. Think mayonnaise. It was soft and fluffy, and completely odorless - good news if you don’t like fancy perfumes in your lotions (and personally I don’t - it’s just not necessary at all).

But, the moment I put it on my arms and legs, I was instantly put off. IT WAS STICKY. I don’t like the feeling, and I can feel my legs squishing together when I cross them or when they touch, and I don’t like that sticky and greasy feeling. It’s not the kind of soft that’s moisturizing and soothing to my skin.

But then, I don’t want it to go to waste, with its large size and all. So I thought, maybe it was just distracting to my arms but if it covers up just a small part of my body I wouldn’t notice that it’s sticky?

So I decided to just apply it on my hands and feet. They get extremely dry at night, especally my hands. At daytime I wash my hands a lot, I type in my computer and I do a lot of manual work (gardening, washing the car, laundry, etc - yeah you think I’m a house maid, lol). Every night, after taking a bath, and before going to sleep, I would apply an ample size of Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion on my hands and feet. I’ve been using it since Februaru 2014 and since then, I can’t be any happier with my hands and feet. Let me share the reasons why.

Positives 1. Made my skin and feet soft - To be honest I haven’t really tracked the day-to-day progress, but I just kept using it every night. Been using it for 9 months now, and let me tell you my hands and feet are so much different than they were before. Before, they were dry, but now, I can feel that my hands are a lot softer even during the day. They’re naturally softer now even without using any lotion, and same thing with my feet. The soles of my feet are softer even my mom commented they’re like a baby’s.

• Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion

2. Very rich and creamy, you only need a small portion - This lotion is like any other lotion on the surface - rich, creamy and very soft like mayonnaise. Because of the rich texture you only need a very small coin sized size since having too much will make your skin too sticky and too slippery. Personally I bought it to smoothen my legs and arms after taking a bath, but I have to admit, it doesn’t feel good because it makes me sticky. But I happened to have thick hands and feet, and because they’re just small body parts which won’t distract me at all when I cross my legs.

3. Very large, so it lasts a long, long time - This one weighs 591 ml, so you just gotta imagine how big it is. It is very large, way larger than your standard bottled lotions, so I was very happy to buy it because, even if you keep using it every night, it will last a long, long time. Like I said, I bought this back in February of 2014, and it’s been 9 months already, and yet, it’s still here in my room. It’s now halfway down there, and I predict it will last by the end of the year. So, even though it’s quite expensive at $10 at the time I bought it (well that’s expensive for me anyway), I’m still happy with my purchase because it lasted a long, long time with me. I’m still using it now.

4. Very reasonably priced - Even though I said above that it was expensive at the time I bought this product, looking back it is reasonably well priced because it a.) Even though it did feel sticky if I apply it all over my body, it ended up softening my hands and feet at least b.) It’s

rich and too creamy already so you only need a tiny amount and c.) It’s very large, so it lasts a long time.

I mean, think about the other lotions that might be in your drawer or some lame lotions that are too small they would probably last a month. That’s nothing compared to Aveeno Body Lotion, which I’m still using all this time. The one time $10 I paid for this is way cheaper compared to the other lotions that cost $15 or $20 which are smaller at that.

And, here are the con’s for this product based on my experience.

Con’s 1. Sticky if you use it all over your body - Like I said, I originally bought this for the purpose of making my body soft, but it made me sticky after a bath. So I just decided to use it on my hands and feet, which need some softening, too. I shouldn’t have expected much in the first place. Before buying it I was hyped by all the glowing reviews I read that I thought it would have the same effect on me, too. And this is my first Aveeno product I ever bought, a skin care line I heard so much about. So I was excited. But it turned out to be just like other lotions out there, and they’re all the same on me.

But, and a big BUT - it’s not really that bad a thing, anyway. Because like I said, it softened my hands and feet, anyway, so it wasn’t really a bad purchase, after all. It’s just that, it didn’t turn out to be what I expected, and so, even though I’m still on the hunt for that one body creme/lotion/conditioner that will soften up my skin, I still find Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion decent enough for my dry hands and feet.

Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion
maria luchi says :

re : But then I wanna see if there really is a lotion that will soften up my skin, so I thought of Aveeno
Aveeno does work, specially up in the mountains of baguio city where its cold and the air is dry

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128011641240731/k2311a0128/1.28.15