Sriracha Chili Sauce  » Food  »
  • Overall, the experience leaves one feeling satisfied

• by Brad Fiore

Huy Fong Food’s renowned Sriracha Chili Sauce is a staple in the diets of many spicy food connoisseurs around the world. With its perfect balance of spicy, sweet, and savory it proves to outclass other hot sauces in its flavor, versatility, and pungency.

The sauce goes on pretty much anything you can dream up. The bottle recommends “soups, sauces,

pasta, pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers and chow mein” and I often find myself using it frequently on eggs, tacos, steak, potatoes, and dips as well. This is really what makes Sriracha sand out–its ability to taste good on just about everything.

You have to be tolerant of a high level of heat in order to appreciate the sauce however. It is made almost entirely of “sun ripened chilis” without much else. The ingredients list on sugar, salt, garlic, and vinegar. However, with the complexity of flavor you wouldn’t initially guess it. Many people complain about chili-based sauces having a one-dimensional flavor, being nothing but pure heat. In some cases this is true, but Sriracha is anything but. The spice is masterfully ...

• Sriracha Chili Sauce
      balanced with a persistent sweetness and a vinegar aftertaste. Overall, the experience leaves one feeling satisfied.

Don’t get me wrong though. Even for seasoned veterans, the old adage “just a dab will do ya” proves to be accurate, as I recall over-seasoning my foods with this product on more than one occasion. If you’re new to Sriracha, taste a drop on

your finger first and you’ll know what I mean.

At about $3 for a 17oz bottle at your local grocery store, there’s no reason you shouldn’t have a permanent stock of this little gem in your fridge at all times. A single bottle goes a long way, even if you’re like me and put it on nearly everything that passes your lips.

Lori B. says :

As the name suggests, Sriracha HOT Chili Sauce is very hot, but it also has a sweetness to it. So, just remember to use it only on foods you would like to be sweet. I find it fits best on our Chinese food. I did not like it as much when I added some to the chilli I made the other night(too sweet). So, try a little before you add to the whole dish that you are making.

Francis says :

Very good description. Sriracha is delicious on sushi. If you aren’t interested in sushi then I recommend trying it on avocados. They’re in lots of sushi rolls and they pair so well together. If I can’t get sushi and I really want some, that’s what I eat. So if you don’t want raw fish or you don’t have any this can be a great substitute

Ricky Ramirez says :

This is great sauce to improve a meal while feeling a kick of spice. I always add it to plain white rice, fish, and vegetables for a healthy and tasty kick to my taste buds.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719011640990531/k2311a0119/1.19.15