The Interview (comedy movie)  » Movies  »
  • What's so funny about the scene is the calm and matter-of-fact way in which Eminem outs himself, and then just continues talking as if he just mentioned something the entire world and all his fans knew long ago
  • As a result, once the movie hit the end, I was more than a little disappointed since I felt that the plot had hit rock bottom

by Redtape

With all the controversy surrounding the movie “The Interview” I knew I just had to watch it from the very day I heard about it. Therefore, I waited until Sony Pictures made it available for my viewing by streaming it on Youtube, and frankly it was just as I expected. Seth Rogen and James Franco bring the same raunchy comedy that they brought in the movie “This is the End”, to the point where they are almost borderline offensive sometimes.

• The Interview (comedy movie)
  • In the movie “The Interview”, two friends, Dave Skylark and Aaron Rapoport run the celebrity tabloid show, “Skylark Tonight”. There they interview different celebrities on shocking news items that they were involved in. However, one day a former schoolmate of Aaron’s makes a comment that his job is not important since they don’t focus on “real news”. The comment bother’s Aaron so much that it prompts him to discuss it with Dave. As a result, the two come up with the completely insane idea to interview the North Korean dictator, Kim Jong Un.

It’s surprisingly easy for them to get an audience with him, and after announcing it on the show, the CIA decide to use the pair as assassins who will use a ricin strip to take out the dictator.

At first Kim Jong Un manages to manipulate Dave into thinking that they are friends so that he can fool him into portraying him in a good light. However, after his two personal bodyguards are mistakenly killed, the dictator begins showing his true colours and Dave and Aaron find allies in the most unlikely places.

• The Interview (comedy movie)
  • I thought that one of the most hilarious scenes in the entire movie had to be the interview scene where Eminem admits he is gay. I actually heard of it and watched the clip before I saw the movie, but watching the scene for myself literally had me in tears on the ground.

What’s so funny about the scene is the calm and matter-of-fact way in which Eminem “outs” himself, and then just continues talking as if he just mentioned something the entire world and all his fans knew long ago. It also made me rate Eminem even more as an actor.

• The Interview (comedy movie)
  • As I mentioned, a lot of the humour tends to be very raunchy and so if you have a weak stomach or a sensitive mind, it might not be best choice for you to watch it. Before I saw it, I knew that the jokes would be very mature since I had some idea what the plot was going to be about, and I already knew that James Franco and Seth Rogen have a very “mature” sense of humour. Nevertheless, even though I was mentally prepared, I couldn’t help cringing in some scenes even though I still thought they were funny.

One of those scenes was the part where Aaron and Dave are approached by two Agents, while Dave is on a rant about his “previous night’s activities” and the odd smell of his genitals.

• The Interview (comedy movie)
  • Something else that I found interesting was the relationship between the two main characters. Franco’s character Dave kept on using a lot of Lord of the Rings references to refer to their relationship, such as “the Samwise to my Frodo”, which essentially meant they were best friends.

What was really weird though was how they were so close that Dave was thinking of helping Aaron remove the package from his rear, with a smile.

• The Interview (comedy movie)
  • Perhaps the only thing that I wasn’t truly happy with when watching this movie was how quickly the plot degenerated. I had that same problem when watching the movie “This is the End”, since it felt like the plot went from interesting and funny to unbelievably silly once it hit a certain mark.

As a result, once the movie hit the end, I was more than a little disappointed since I felt that the plot had hit rock bottom. The ending where the dictator gets destroyed in a “Breaking Bad Gustavo Fring moment” is sadly predictable and a little silly.

It’s quite ashame to say that such a little movie like this caused such major controversy. A lot of it was funny to me, but frankly, it wasn’t all that great.

Azriel says :

I watched this movie myself and was really surprised as to how great this was. I thought before watching this, was that this could just be another slapstick comedy film with no recall. But it did better than most would expect, I would say because it is really hilarious with great actors that acted so naturally humorous. Even the one that played Kim Jong Un was so good that he was quite convincing being tagged only as the misunderstood but compassionate leader.

Dan Wilde says :

re : I thought that one of the most hilarious scenes in the entire movie had to be the interview scene where Eminem admits he is gay
Yeah, i loved this part as well. I thought he was actually surprisingly good in that scene.

Moe says :

If Eminem is the highlight of the movie then I must say this movie wasn’t very good. I didn’t enjoy it when I watched it because the movie was weak, didn’t know where it was going, had two leads who either didn’t try hard enough or tried too hard to be funny with jokes often in the`potty humour’ area.

Mohammad Abid says :

I dont agree with you completely, yes the movie was over hyped for sure but it surely had its moments, especially the bromance between James Franco and Kim Jong characters.

Dennis Ryan says :

re : As a result, once the movie hit the end, I was more than a little disappointed since I felt that the plot had hit rock bottom
I completely agree That part was hilarious, completely unexpected.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1129121640670431/k2311a1229/12.29.14