Blitz (crime drama movie)  » Movies  »
2.5
  • However, for some reason I decided to watch this one yet again, and once again I was disappointed
  • Despite the fact that I wasn't too impressed with the movie there are a few scenes that I found charming, and others a little funny
  • As a result I sort of find it hard to take him seriously, especially when I believe that his acting comes off as a bit of a caricature
  • I wouldn't recommend it as a good crime drama since it just comes off as average which is a disappointment, considering that there are a few talented actors in it such as Luke Evans and Aidan Gillan

by Redtape

I’m truly at a loss as to why I keep torturing myself and watching movies with Jason Statham in it; since I almost always know what to expect. However, for some reason I decided to watch this one yet again, and once again I was disappointed. The ratings for it, which are mostly average seem to support my feelings on the matter.
  • Blitz ( crime drama movie)
  • Like most movies starring the English actor Jason Statham, the 2011 “Blitz” is a crime drama. In this one Statham is a Detective Sergeant named Tom Brant who has anger problems. He has been warned by his superior to control himself especially after an incident where he beats a man unconscious in a billiards hall.

Later on in the movie a police constable is murdered by an unknown assailant, and Brant who is put on the case soon figures out that his co-workers have become the targets of a “cop-killer”. The killer, who is the same man he had beat up in the billards hall, boasts about those he has killed and the others who he intends to kill. Thus Brant finds himself in a race against time to solve the mystery of the killer’s identity before he kills someone else.

• Blitz ( crime drama movie)
  • Despite the fact that I wasn’t too impressed with the movie there are a few scenes that I found charming, and others a little funny. One of them was where Brant meets a man in a pub and he introduces him to his two pitbulls, “Posh” and “Becks”.

However, I couldn’t help laughing at the part where the man decides to give Brant the description and he asks if Brant isn’t going to jot it down. Brant asks him then if he looks like he carries a pencil.

• Blitz ( crime drama movie)
  • One thing that I just couldn’t stand with this movie like most of those that Statham is in, is that he plays another tough guy role. As a result I sort of find it hard to take him seriously, especially when I believe that his acting comes off as a bit of a caricature.

On the other hand I sort of liked the way that the actor Aidan Gillen played the role of Blitz, which was a little like the way that he plays Littlefinger in the series “Game of Thrones”. Therefore, he comes off as unbelievably sneaky.

• Blitz ( crime drama movie)
  • One of the things that I think killed this movie are the subplots, which I thought were extremely unnecessary. For example, I couldn’t understand how the plot with police constable Falls would contribute in any way shape or form to the main plot. Therefore, scenes such as the one where Brant rescues her from her lapse into drug addiction feels completely and utterly pointless.

• Blitz ( crime drama movie)
  • Also, if you’re a fan of the action that comes with most Jason Statham movies be prepared to be very disappointed, since it seems to me that in this movie Statham tries to play more into his acting side. As a result there are very few action scenes where you see him demonstrating his martial arts skills, and then the few generally tend to be short.

The action scene that appears in the last part of the movie seems to be the longest, and even then Statham doesn’t have to do much, since the villain isn’t a very good fighter.

There seemed to have been a few people who liked this film, but to be honest I think that the storyline needed a bit more work before it was done into a feature. I wouldn’t recommend it as a good crime drama since it just comes off as “average” which is a disappointment, considering that there are a few talented actors in it such as Luke Evans and Aidan Gillan.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1129121640640431/k2311a1229/12.29.14