Michelinas Lean Gourmet Sweet and Sour Chicken
2.5
  • Michelinas Lean Gourmet Sweet and Sour Chicken was another one of their selections that I decided to give a try one day for lunch
  • I like that there wasn't any awkward after taste that lingered
  • I know with so many frozen meals, the picture the packaging is misleading and usually doesn't look nothing like what's actually in the package
  • Sweet and Sour Chicken wasn't the best of the Michelina Lean Gourmet line, but it wasn't the worse either
  • I am also certain that I also wouldn't recommend this to a friend either

• by nitakb

Michelinas Lean Gourmet Sweet and Sour Chicken was another one of their selections that I decided to give a try one day for lunch. I had moderate expectations, since I am no stranger to the brand of Michelinas or the dish of sweet and sour chicken.

On the label they give two heating methods, the first which is the quickest, is in the microwave and the other being the conventional oven. I opted for the second method, which led to me using a completely different dish, one that is oven safe. The directions for cooking in a conventional oven instructs to preheat the oven to three hundred and fifty degrees, and cook for twenty five minutes, stir and recover and

cook for another twenty minutes. Because oven times, temperatures and settings vary, I made sure to keep watch and stir evenly.

My thoughts about this meal is that is tastes alright. The sauce is certainly sweet, but it doesn’t taste all that sour. I wasn’t looking for it be really sour, but I was hoping for more of an underlining flavor that would compliment the sweet flavor. It kind of reminds me of store brought sweet sesame sauce without the sesame seeds or the sauce that you get when you order Egg rolls from the fast food restaurant Jack in the Box.

I like that there wasn’t any awkward after taste that lingered. It’s the safe to say that

this nowhere close to being authentic in flavor, since there’s a lot left to be desired. I feel that if I would have tried to fix it up, I would have ended up with a mess. I felt that if I was going to go through the trouble, I should taken the time from the beginning and made the actual dish. Which in turn defeats the purpose of quick convenience.

There is actual bits of chicken and vegetables that can be seen. I know with so many frozen meals, the picture the packaging is misleading and usually doesn’t look nothing like what’s actually in the package. With this in mind, the meal was a frozen rectangle that had ...

• Michelinas Lean Gourmet Sweet and Sour Chicken
      the chicken topping on one side while the other is the rice. This is no big surprise because, well, it’s a frozen dish. Once cooked, you can just about fit the meal in a eight ounce measuring cup. Its more like a side than a full meal.

One serving, which is one package is three hundred and twenty calories with thirty being from fat. There’s three grams of fat, fifteen milligrams of cholesterol and six hundred and ninety milligrams of sodium. There’s sixty two grams of carbs, and nineteen grams of sugar with eleven grams of protein.

Sweet and Sour Chicken wasn’t the best of the Michelina Lean Gourmet line, but it wasn’t the worse either. Given that I brought

this for less than a dollar, I didn’t feel like there was a complete lost, but I was still disappointed because I expected somewhat better.

I have tasted other frozen versions of sweet and sour chicken, and they tasted pretty good. I wasn’t crazy about this one. In my opinion it’s a good choice for a quick lunch that isn’t going to completely weigh you down. Pop it in the microwave, get a drink and maybe a piece of fruit and you’ve got an easy meal that will get you to the next one. But that’s it.

In the end, I will still purchase this brand, just not this particular selection. I am also certain that I also wouldn’t recommend this to a friend either.

Octavia Brooks says :

re : I like that there wasn’t any awkward after taste that lingered
This frozen good was better than others, I’ve tasted but it still has the tv dinner taste that lingers. After a while of eating it the taste gets old.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2722121640410231/k2311a1222/12.22.14