Gravity (science fiction movie)  » Movies  »
  • I couldn't really understand why either since I thought that the trailer didn't really appeal to me much, and I'm not too fond of many of the movies that the actress Sandra Bullock has been in
  • However, after seeing that it was nominated for and won numerous awards I decided to watch it, and it was so much better than I expected
  • However, when the director of the movie Alfonso Cuaron mentioned that they literally had to invent a new technology in order to make most of the movie I was beyond impressed
  • I recommend this movie to those who like science fiction and drama

by Redtape

Gravity is one of those movies that I kept hearing from people that I had to see. I couldn’t really understand why either since I thought that the trailer didn’t really appeal to me much, and I’m not too fond of many of the movies that the actress Sandra Bullock has been in. However, after seeing that it was nominated for and won numerous awards I decided to watch it, and it was so much better than I expected.
  • Gravity (science fiction movie)
  • Years after her daughter’s death, Dr. Ryan Stone is given the opportunity to be a biomedical engineer aboard a NASA space shuttle and maintain their “Hubble Space Telescope”. The astronaut Matt Kowalski is also on the trip on what is supposed to be his final mission and passes the time by having a spacewalk.

The scene is fairly quiet and peaceful until the astronauts get a call to abort their mission immediately since there is debris from a Russian satellite that it travelling towards them at a high speed. They are not fast enough and Stone is detached from the shuttle and floats into space. After Matt saves her, the two find out that they are the only survivors of an team, and since their shuttle is destroyed, must try to figure out a way to return home on their own.

• Gravity (science fiction movie)
  • I heard a lot of people talking about how the movie was revolutionary, but I didn’t quite understand how much until I watched a short film on the making of it. The thing is that I just assumed that most of it was done in front of a green screen and that was that. However, when the director of the movie Alfonso Cuaron mentioned that they literally had to invent a new technology in order to make most of the movie I was beyond impressed.

Therefore, scenes such as the one where Bullock floats across space wasn’t as simple to make as I initially thought it was.

• Gravity (science fiction movie)
  • The acting was also quite amazing. I thought that once again Sandra Bullock proved how talented and what a hard worker she is by the way that she played the main character trying to survive in space. I the making of film, the director explained that part of what she did to make everything seem more realistic was implement dance choreography in the scenes where her character had to deal with zero gravity.

In the movie however, this is quite obvious when her character gives up at one point, and begins to hallucinate that Matt has returned and is speaking to her.

• Gravity (science fiction movie)
  • The visuals are also quite amazing. The picture itself is ridiculously clear, so it almost feels as if you can literally reach out and touch some things. Pictures of things such as the Earth from a distance were very beautiful too.

In one of the first scenes where everything is still peaceful before the space debris arrives, there is a picture of the Earth that I find absolutely stunning, especially for a picture that wasn’t actually taken up close.

• Gravity (science fiction movie)
  • The storyline is nothing short of simple, and yet it is brilliant and suspenseful. It’s suspenseful because you find yourself hoping that Ryan will survive and find the strength and willpower to continue, even though all her crew is dead and this is possibly her first mission into space.

On the other hand, I loved the storyline because I thought it was a figurative representation of Dr. Stone’s struggle to survive and how she overcome’s her obstacles.

Thus the scene where she makes it out of the water on to the sand in the end is showing a new beginning.

I recommend this movie to those who like science fiction and drama. It’s very entertaining and it feels almost rewarding watching it.

Lord Saturn says :

Not enough information and boring images.

Maddy says :

re : However, after seeing that it was nominated for and won numerous awards I decided to watch it, and it was so much better than I expected
I thought this movie would be pretty boring, i was pretty sure she would die in space and i didn’t bother to see it, after i saw it was nominated for numerous awards i decided to watch it and it surprised me. i was genuinely interested the whole time, i love Sandra Bullocks acting and i found it intriguing and philosophical, i also really loved the action parts of it,and i was amazed at the space-simulation. overall, loved it. I watch it all the time.

Azriel says :

I have high expectations for this movie and qhen it was showing in the country I even watched the movie in 3D. I was diaappointed though that there were quite a few scenes that actually showed a very good 3D graphics. This movie ia good, yes but it is not for people who easily gets bored or detached from movies that shows too many flashbacks that only added time but not much value to the whole movie itself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1119121640390531/k2311a1219/12.19.14