22 Jump Street (comedy movie)  » Movies  »
  • This was because I enjoyed the first one so immensely that I couldn't help being curious about what idea the writers were going to use for the second one
  • Despite the fact that I wasn't too happy with it, the movie did have its funny moments
  • I believe that it also showed that despite the fact that they are close, they are still two completely different individuals with different likes and dislikes
  • I found Schmidt's disguise and fake accent so ridiculous and hilarious, but what really got me was the part where the two were on the top of the bad guys truck and Schmidt fell and began hanging upside down
  • A lot of people I know who liked the first one claimed to like this one too, so I still recommend people to watch it and try it for themselves

by Redtape

22 Jump Street was one of the movies that I looked forward to seeing the most this year. This was because I enjoyed the first one so immensely that I couldn’t help being curious about what idea the writers were going to use for the second one. Actually getting to watch it was another story, since I felt that while it wasn’t a quarter as terrible as “Let’s Be Cops”, it was still unbelievably disappointing. Many of the jokes were a little lame and cliche and the main idea didn’t even come close to being original, and most of it was sadly predictable anyway.
  • 22 Jump Street (comedy movie)
  • Similar to the first movie “21 Jump Street”, “22 Jump Street” is a comedy that follows the misadventures of two young undercover officers Schmidt and Jenko, in the fight against illegal narcotics. The big differences are that the original secret base for their operations was moved to the building next door, and that they are now investigating a new powerful drug being abused by college students known as “WHYPHY” or “Work Hard Play Hard Yes”.

At first they’re both not quite sure where to look for suspects and clues, and feel as if they’ve approached a dead end. However, when Jenko makes friends with a pair of jocks, in particular one named Zook, he comes up with a theory that brings a startling new twist to the investigation. On the other hand, Schmidt feels ignored and abandoned by Jenko especially since he seems to have found a kindred spirit in Zook.

• 22 Jump Street (comedy movie)
  • Despite the fact that I wasn’t too happy with it, the movie did have its funny moments. One of them in particular wasn’t just funny but so awkward that I literally had to pause to compose myself while watching it. This was the moment that Schmidt accidentally discovers that he college girl who he was having sex with and boasting about it was actually the daughter of his superior, Captain Dickson. What made the situation even more hilarious was the fact that Dickson had actually congratulated Schmidt on his “accomplishment” after he started boasting about it the first time. However after the two meet, and it was discovered that Schmidt was actually referring to his daughter it brought Dickson to a barely concealed homicidal rage.

• 22 Jump Street (comedy movie)
  • Something else that I loved about the movie was the clear contrast of the relationship between Schmidt and Jenko and Zook and Jenko. I believe that it also showed that despite the fact that they are close, they are still two completely different individuals with different likes and dislikes. In the first movie, the introduction revealed that Schmidt and Jenko went to the same high school but associated with two different crowds, even though they both ended up close friends after they became adults. The relationship between Zook and Jenko shows that even though Jenko has matured, he is still reminiscent of the person who he used to be back in high school and still feels the need to indulge in that side of himself. I believe that Zook and Jenko’s closeness also forced Schmidt to appreciate Jenko a little more.

• 22 Jump Street (comedy movie)
  • The movie thankfully also had its fair share of action. There are shootouts, car chases with sports cars, chases on foot, hostage situations and even one suspenseful part where Jenko hangs on to an airborne helicopter even though he was shot in the arm. However, the action scene that I liked the most had to be in the first part of the movie where the two officers manage to find and intercept a shipment of the drug. I found Schmidt’s disguise and fake accent so ridiculous and hilarious, but what really got me was the part where the two were on the top of the bad guys truck and Schmidt fell and began hanging upside down.

• 22 Jump Street (comedy movie)
  • I thought that one of the most predictable things about the movie was finding out that Maya’s roommate was heavily involved in the entire case. I guess that I just figured it out that they were going to have the character play a much bigger role in it a little after she started teasing Schmidt. Within a few seconds of coming up with that theory, I also figured that the writers would make her related to the drug lord somehow. The movie became almost startlingly cliche the minute it was made known that her character was.

A lot of people I know who liked the first one claimed to like this one too, so I still recommend people to watch it and try it for themselves. Nevertheless, I feel the movie could have been a lot better even though the cliches and lack of originality nearly killed it.

Sandeep says :

I felt like after a long-time i watched a better movie after Hangover parts. As am I started watched movie it went super good without boring me off. The first half was not bad and from the second half the story went good and interesting. You could give it a try though you won’t regret of watching it once.

Kevin Knapper says :

22 jump street is even better than 21 jumpstreet more comedy and more action. The charathers are the best in comedy world. The movie is a must have and i hope they continue to make more of these i hope the stop at 100 jump street.

Rebecca says :

I don’t know if I would say better but a follow up film it did not disappoint. I watched the first thinking that it would really be a maybe funny waste of an hour or so, but to my surprise, I ended up really liking it. The seconded came out and it had the same great humour and story with new action and even character development. Definitely, a must see

Stephanie says :

My friends and I saw 22 Jump Street when it came out and we almost died We were laughing so hard It is so much funnier than the first one Be careful not to pee yourself if you go see it

Moe says :

It was the same plot as the first movie and it was still hilarious. Captain Dickson high-fiving Schmidt for sleeping with a girl, not knowing it was his daughter … priceless.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1115121640230731/k2311a1215/12.15.14