Market Pantry Frosty Chewy Granola Bars
  • While at Target recently, I noticed a type of granola bar that I couldn't recall having come across before
  • For one dollar and ninety nine cents, I decided to pick up a box of the Market Pantry Frosty Chewy Granola Bars
  • I like to have granola bars occasionally, either as a snack or as part of my breakfast, because they do a good job of quieting my stomach when I start to hear it growl a little
  • The inclusion of white chocolate chunks definitely had me interested in seeing what these granola bars tasted like
  • It does take some effort to bite into these bars, so those too that like a good, chewy kind of granola bar will likely not be disappointed

• by CirclingCanvas

While at Target recently, I noticed a type of granola bar that I couldn’t recall having come across before. It had white chocolate chunks mixed in with the granola and that sounded pretty tasty, to me! For one dollar and ninety nine cents, I decided to pick up a box of the Market Pantry Frosty Chewy Granola Bars. Eight bars came in a box and that seemed like a fairly reasonable price for that number. I like to have granola bars occasionally, either as a snack or as part of my breakfast, because they do a good job of quieting

my stomach when I start to hear it growl a little. The inclusion of white chocolate chunks definitely had me interested in seeing what these granola bars tasted like.

As one might expect, this being a granola bar and all, each bar is certainly quite chewy! That was my first reaction when biting into one of the bars. It sometimes takes a few bites before coming across any of the white chocolate chunks as the bars aren’t packed with them, but once I did, I definitely appreciated the sweet flavor of the white chocolate. The inclusion of white chocolate within the

granola bar helped to deliver a pleasant mixture of sweetness and saltiness. While the granola portion is what made up a big chunk of each individual bar, the white chocolate chunks that were mixed in here and there were sufficient in helping to set this particular granola bar apart from a lot of the other kinds that are sold in stores.

Each bar is a decent length, maybe around four or five inches, so it takes a few bites to finish off each one. With the bars being chewy and all, it’s actually best not to bite off more than you ...

• Market Pantry Frosty Chewy Granola Bars
      might be able to handle! If I’m feeling only a little hungry, then this granola bar will take away the hunger, and if I’m having a craving for something slightly sweet but not something that’s over one-hundred calories, then this granola bar can satisfy that want, as well. It’s not an extremely flavorful kind of granola bar, but that’s okay with me, as if I wanted a really sweet type of granola bar, those options certainly exist on the market.

The Market Pantry Frosty Chewy Granola Bars didn’t disappoint me. I enjoyed the mixture of saltiness and sweetness, although I

think this granola bar leans more in the direction of salty than sweet, so if that’s your preference in these kinds of bars, I think you’ll like these. That doesn’t mean there isn’t much here for those that like some sweetness in their granola bars, because the white chocolate chunks have that covered, just not to an extreme. It does take some effort to bite into these bars, so those too that like a good, chewy kind of granola bar will likely not be disappointed. They are a reasonably good value and I’ll likely pick up another box on my next trip to Target.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 279121640140531/k2311a129/12.9.14