El Charrito Beef and Cheese Mini Tacos  » Food  »
2.5
  • As a fast, convenient snack, they're great, but unfortunately, they are kind of lacking when it comes to taste
  • For that reason, I pretty much just consider these mini tacos to be beef mini tacos alone
  • Cheese would definitely enhance the flavor of them, but what little cheese in them fails to contribute positively to them
  • Those that enjoy flavor-rich tacos and like being able to add two or three toppings will probably be disappointed by these mini tacos, and only if you're fine with basically a beef taco would I suggest giving this product a try

• by CirclingCanvas

Quick and easy are words that I would use to describe El Charrito Beef and Cheese Mini Tacos. All I need to do is take however many I want out of the package, place them on an oven pan and let them bake for around ten minutes. As a fast, convenient snack, they’re great, but unfortunately, they are kind of lacking when it comes to taste.

For one thing, I can barely taste any cheese whatsoever, and I certainly don’t see any cheese either before or after baking the tacos. For that reason, I pretty much just consider

these mini tacos to be beef mini tacos alone.

Cheese would definitely enhance the flavor of them, but what little cheese in them fails to contribute positively to them. There isn’t even any cheese visible on the box that they come in, and really, there isn’t as much beef in each individual mini taco either, as shown on the box!

Also according to the packaging, the beef is supposed to be seasoned, but I didn’t notice any seasoning.

The beef simply tasted like ordinary ground beef. I don’t know what kind of seasoning is used in the product, but like the cheese, it might as well be nonexistent.

The mini tacos aren’t as full of beef as they are portrayed to have on the box that they come in, and sometimes, it’s even hard to see any beef on one end of a given mini taco. The corn tortillas have a pretty pleasant flavor to them and come out crispy and crunchy.

There isn’t a big enough opening in these small mini tacos to add any sort of toppings like shredded lettuce or diced tomatoes, so if you were planning on spicing up these mini tacos a ...

• El Charrito Beef and Cheese Mini Tacos
      bit, sadly it’s not doable. Still, despite the fact there isn’t much, if any, cheese flavor and although the beef doesn’t seem seasoned to me, and the narrowness of the corn tortilla shells makes it impossible to add any toppings, there is sufficient enough flavor from the beef and the tortilla shells for me to enjoy these mini tacos enough to purchase them on occasion.

Twenty-two of these mini tacos come in a box for three dollars and twenty-nine cents, a fair price considering the quantity and quality of the mini tacos. They could certainly be better, but I’m

able to enjoy them just fine and if I have some rice and beans to go with three of the mini tacos, then I end up with a nice little lunch that leaves me feeling moderately full and satisfied.

Those that enjoy flavor-rich tacos and like being able to add two or three toppings will probably be disappointed by these mini tacos, and only if you’re fine with basically a beef taco would I suggest giving this product a try. I’ve certainly had better myself, but the mini tacos are really just satisfying enough for me to continue to purchase them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 278121640130431/k2311a128/12.8.14