Ghiradelli Squares Milk Chocolate with Caramel  » Food  »
  • Personally, I have to day Hershey's is probably my favorite, but every once in awhile I like something a little more sophisticated and rich
  • I have tried regular Ghiradelli before and found their chocolate to be delicious, even though it is slightly over priced
  • They cost me $4.89 for a 8.51 oz decorative bag of individually wrapped squares
  • The only issue that I have with the caramel is that it is a little on the thick side so it is sticky and tends to stick to the roof of my mouth and my teeth
  • Other than that, I definitely recommend it for chocoholics

• by Jennifer Davis

I am a chocoholic and proud of it. Personally, I have to day Hershey’s is probably my favorite, but every once in awhile I like something a little more sophisticated and rich. I have tried regular Ghiradelli before and found their chocolate to be delicious, even though it is slightly over priced. I was in Wal-Mart looking for my regular Ghiradelli Squares when I saw these Caramel filled squares. I am not usually a caramel fan..at least not caramel

on its own. However, I do like the mix of caramel and chocolate every now and then. I came across these and a variety of other flavors (to be reviewed later)and decided to get these. They cost me $4.89 for a 8.51 oz decorative bag of individually wrapped squares.

I personally, really enjoyed these. I loved that they were individually wrapped since it makes it easier to control my portions and I don’t have a partially opened chocolate bar sitting in my refrigerator for my husband and children to see. That’s right I have a mom chocolate stash and these individually wrapped squares are easy to hide.

The flavor is smooth and creamy with the balance of caramel perfect. I at first was afraid that the balance of caramel would be too strong, but it isn’t. The only issue that I have with the caramel is that it is a little on the thick side so it is ...

• Ghiradelli Squares Milk Chocolate with Caramel
      sticky and tends to stick to the roof of my mouth and my teeth. To get around this issue I have just started allowing the chocolates to sit out for a few minutes in the sun. I store them in the shade so they don’t melt, but if I move them to the kitchen where there is more sunshine than they come to a warmer room temperature and the caramel isn’t quite as sticky and thick.

Overall, I really

like these chocolates, but they definitely aren’t the type of chocolate that I would buy for regular consumption or for my kids to eat. They are too expensive and really too rich. However, they are great for those times that I have a craving from something different than Hershey’s.

Overall, I give them an 8 out of 10. I took two points off for their cost and because the caramel is overly sticky to me. Other than that, I definitely recommend it for chocoholics.

Tammy Nelson says :

re : Personally, I have to day Hershey’s is probably my favorite, but every once in awhile I like something a little more sophisticated and rich
Those Milk and Caramel Candies are good by Ghiradelli.I use to work at Ghiradelli and boy did I get my share of Candy.That place had every different kind of Candy you could name.We would just walk down the Candy testing asile and take our pick.I love Caramel Candy,because it is think and chewy.I also liked the Toffee Candy too.Oh boy just writing about this Candy makes me want to buy a whole bag.I would recommend this Milk and Caramel Candy to anyone any day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 278121640110431/k2311a128/12.8.14