Spring Valley Melatonin 1 mg Sleep Support
  • If I could go to sleep when I wanted and get up when I wanted, then I would have absolutely no problem and never feel tired, but again like a lot of other people out there, I'm not able to live that kind of life, and I have to try and get to sleep early because I need to get up early
  • One hundred and twenty tablets come in a bottle and I like that the tablets are really small, making them easy to swallow
  • Longer, actually, because I don't take them on nights when I know I don't have to get up early the next day
  • I think it's important to note that these tablets aren't designed so much as to induce sleep, but prepare the body for sleep
  • For that reason, I consider this sleep support to be good, but not great

• by CirclingCanvas

Like a lot of other people out there, I have trouble sleeping at night. More accurately, I have trouble sleeping at certain times of the night. If I could go to sleep when I wanted and get up when I wanted, then I would have absolutely no problem and never feel tired, but again like a lot of other people out there, I’m not able to live that kind of life, and I have to try and get to sleep early because I need to get up early. There are probably habits that I could change that would make going to sleep easier on me, like cutting back on the caffeine earlier in the evening and getting away from the TV, computer and phone screens ahead of bedtime, but old habits die hard as they say, and I guess one could also say I’m trying to take the easy way out by resorting to sleep aids, but what can I say other than, guilty as charged! A couple of weeks ago, I purchased Spring Valley Melatonin 1 mg Sleep Support from Walmart for two dollars and ninety-nine cents.

One hundred and twenty tablets come in a bottle and I like that

the tablets are really small, making them easy to swallow. Considering how only one a night is supposed to be taken, the amount that came in the bottle will last me around four months! Longer, actually, because I don’t take them on nights when I know I don’t have to get up early the next day. I figure that reduces the chance of my body building up a tolerance for the dosage I’m taking. The tablets are not flavored. What you basically taste is the tablet itself. If you’ve ever taken unflavored tablets before, then you already know what these taste like. I just pop one on my tongue and quickly drink some water. The tablets, being small, go down pretty easily, so that’s a real plus. The bottle indicates that one should be taken twenty minutes before going to bed, but I try to take one as close to when I’m ready to get in bed as possible, because it gives me time to try and relax so that when the tablet does start to take effect, it will be easier for me to fall asleep.

After a couple weeks of taking this sleep support aid, the results have been mixed

at best. One of these tablets does induce drowsiness about thirty minutes after taking one, and I’ve found that can make it easier to fall asleep. I think it’s important to note that these tablets aren’t designed so much as to induce sleep, but prepare the body for sleep. The melatonin helps to reset the body’s clock, so that your body becomes used to sleeping at a certain time of the day. More often than not, these tablets are effective in making it easier for me to fall asleep, although I have had the occasional night where they don’t seem to work at all. I find too, when I take one of these tablets, I’m more prone to waking up during the night more often than if I don’t take one. I may wake up two or three times, and that’s a drawback that I wish wasn’t present with these tablets. A good, restful sleep is one that’s undisturbed, and when I have some nights where I wake up multiple times and have to then go back to sleep, I’m not going to wake up in the morning feeling as rested as if I would have slept straight through the night.

Still,

• Spring Valley Melatonin 1 mg Sleep Support
      I consider that preferable to going to bed at a certain time and spending sometimes three hours just trying to get to sleep. Then, I get maybe four and a half hours of undisturbed sleep before it’s time to get up. I would rather take one of the tablets and take my chances that I’ll maybe only wake up once, if I’m lucky. I feel that I have a better chance of getting more sleep. Rarely, I may experienced a slight headache around thirty minutes or so after taking the tablet, but it’s not at all regular and not severe by any means. It’s just slightly noticeable. Supposedly too, taking melatonin increases the chances of having vivid dreams and nightmares, but I haven’t noticed any change in my dreams since I started taking it. It could be higher dosages will cause a change in one’s dreams, but supposedly even one milligram of melatonin, which is what these tablets contain, is more melatonin than the body naturally produces at night, so I don’t want to take a higher dosage, which is in fact available.

Spring Valley Melatonin 1 mg Sleep Support may work better for others or not at all for some. Results

will definitely vary with this sort of product. I’ve read comments by those that swear melatonin is a wonderful sleep aid that brings wonderfully restful nights whereas others will say it didn’t help or it caused more problems than it solved. For me, I think I’m better off with it than I am without it. Some nights, it seems to work better for me, with me falling asleep within an hour of going to bed and only waking up once during the night, while other nights, it may take me more than an hour to get to sleep and I may wake up two or three times during the night. For me alone, the results vary. For that reason, I consider this sleep support to be good, but not great. It is a pretty good value, considering how many tablets come in a bottle at such a low price. Whether or not I buy another bottle after I finish off the first one will be based on how well the remaining tablets work. If I feel I’m getting more good nights than bad nights out of these tablets, then I’ll likely pick up another bottle. For those having trouble sleeping at night, melatonin might help.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348121640080431/k2311a128/12.8.14