Rimmel London Fix and Perfect Pro Primer  » Cosmetics  »
  • My skin can also be rough during the winter months so I like a primer that can smooth out those rough,red,patches I sometimes get
  • If I were in a hurry to get ready it would probably have been more of an issue
  • I would recommend a test run to see how much you will need to apply to get your desired look before going out

• by Tracy

I have very oily skin and love using primers to give my skin a matte finish before I apply my makeup. My skin can also be rough during the winter months so I like a primer that can smooth out those rough,red,patches I sometimes get. I’ve tried all kinds of primers all across the price spectrum,and I’m always on the lookout for one that’s good and also affordable. Rimmel London Fix and Perfect Pro Primer comes in on the low end of the price scale at $7.

99. I wasn’t sure

how it would work given the low price but I gave it a try. First off I really liked the texture of this primer, it wasn’t too thick or goopy.

I hate it when a primer goes on so thick that it feels like I have on a full face of makeup before I actually put any on. This went on very sheer. Almost too sheer.

I had to apply several thin layers to get the coverage I was looking for. It was a bit annoying having to wait for it to dry between applications. If I were in a hurry to get ready it would probably have been more of an issue.

But I gave myself plenty of time to experiment. I would recommend a test run to see how much you will need to apply to get your desired look before going out. I like using primers to make my pores look smaller and tighter.

It took a more of this product than I would’ve liked to accomplish that. If your pores are noticeable and minimizing them is important to you be prepared ...

• Rimmel London Fix and Perfect Pro Primer
      to spend some time applying this primer in layers. My main reason for using products like this is to cut down on the amount of shine I tend to get on my face because my skin is very oily.

This Rimmel primer went on very smooth and gave my skin a really nice matte finish to apply my makeup on. I hate primers that leave a caked on feeling and this one had a very nice feel on my skin. My makeup looked great applied over this and you couldn’t

tell it was there at all.

It wasn’t quite as long lasting as I would have liked but for the price it was fine. It was about three hours before I had to touch up with some powder. It worked as well as alot of the higher priced primers when it comes to time between touch ups.

While this wasn’t the best primer I’ve used I would definitely recommend it. If you’re looking for an inexpensive primer for a nice matte finish under makeup with moderate staying power, I would suggest Rimmel London Fix and Perfect Pro Primer.

safa says :

I have heard that Rimmel London products are good ones for oily skin.

Tracy replies :

Saga,
I have had very good results with the Rimmel London foundations and primers that I’ve used. My skin is very oily
so I always look for products that control shine. The oil absorbing powder is good too. Hope this helps you find something that works for you.

Jennifer Davis says :

My oldest is 16 and she has oily skin. She uses a lot of different cosmetics to cover pores, control oil, and I would like to find a single product that would help cut down the amount of cosmetics that she is using. Would this help? Is she too young for a primer?

Tracy replies :

Hi Jennifer,
My own opinion is that if you’re old enough that you are already wearing makeup then primer is perfectly acceptable. It really is just there to make the makeup look better and last longer without too many touch UPS.
I also have oily skin and this product works well without a big price tag. It does take a bit of extra time because you need to let it dry before applying your foundation, but it’s just an extra few minutes. Depending on your skin you may need more than one layer of primer so I would suggest a trial run when you don’t have to be anywhere important. It isn’t the longest lasting primer out there but for normal wear it should be fine. One of the things I like best about this primer is that I’ve never had a breakout after using it. Good luck Hope this was helpful.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312121639960531/k2311a122/12.2.14