Kernel Season’s Caramel Seasoning  » Food  »
2.0
  • The reason I purchased this seasoning was because I know that many of Kernel Season's other flavored popcorn seasonings work great when sprinkled over other foods too, so I bought this one with the intent of using it as a seasoning on foods other than popcorn
  • I love caramel and hoped that the seasoning would offer a pleasant caramel taste
  • If the seasoning bottle would have said brown sugar on it instead of caramel, it would have met my expectations and I would have been happy with it, but the flavor of this seasoning misses the mark almost completely, and it's definitely disappointing, in light of how good this brand typically is with its numerous seasonings
  • Had the caramel flavor been as rich and prominent as I expected it to be, based off how good many of the other seasonings from this brand taste, I'm sure I would have loved it, but unfortunately, the caramel flavor was simply too weak and overpowered by the sweet brown sugar for me to be able to enjoy it
  • If you're looking for a caramel flavored popcorn seasoning or a caramel flavored seasoning for foods in general, I don't think this particular seasoning will satisfy you

• by CirclingCanvas

Kernel Season’s Caramel Seasoning is sold in stores alongside the other varieties of popcorn seasoning. While there is no doubt in my mind that there are folks out there that enjoy sweetened popcorn, it’s simply not for me. The reason I purchased this seasoning was because I know that many of Kernel Season’s other flavored popcorn seasonings work great when sprinkled over other foods too, so I bought this one with the intent of using it as a seasoning on foods other than popcorn.

I was eager to try it in

foods like oatmeal as well as a quick and easy means to add flavor to hot buttered biscuits, among other things. As I do enjoy a majority of Kernel Season’s seasonings, I expected to like this one too, but this flavor is one of the few put out by the company that really came up short.

I purchased this seasoning because of it being caramel. I love caramel and hoped that the seasoning would offer a pleasant caramel taste.

Instead, what I seemed to mainly taste was brown sugar and just plain regular sugar with a hint of caramel aftertaste. That’s not what I expected and not what I wanted, either.

Caramel is sweet, yes, and this seasoning is sweet, but caramel has a distinct flavor, and that’s what I wanted to taste, not simply sugar. If the seasoning bottle would have said brown sugar on it instead of caramel, it would have met my expectations and I would have been happy with it, but the flavor of this seasoning misses the mark almost completely, and it’s definitely disappointing, in light of how ...

• Kernel Season's Caramel Seasoning
      good this brand typically is with its numerous seasonings.

While I was able to still find a use for this seasoning, I wasn’t able to use it to add the caramel flavor I desired to my food.

Kernel Season’s Caramel Seasoning won’t be a part of my future shopping trips, not unless I get a craving for a seasoning that is sweet and tastes primarily like brown sugar.

from this brand taste, I’m sure I would have loved it, but unfortunately, the caramel flavor was simply too weak and overpowered by the sweet brown sugar for me to be able to enjoy it. This is an instance where I don’t feel like my two dollars and twenty-nine cents was well spent because I didn’t get the product that I thought I was getting.

If you’re looking for a caramel flavored popcorn seasoning or a caramel flavored seasoning for foods in general, I don’t think this particular seasoning will satisfy you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272121639950531/k2311a122/12.2.14