Olive Garden, Fort Worth  » Restaurants  »
4700 Sw Loop 820, Fort Worth, TX 76109
  • Which I thought was a great idea because we had numerous orders
  • This is one of my favorite thing's about this restaurant and it saves money also
  • I do feel that Olive Garden has some of the best salad especially with the added shredded parmesan cheese
  • However there came a time in my dining experience when the salad and breadsticks was getting the job done and my party and I was ready for our real food
  • I would recommend this Olive Garden to others because the food is delicious and the numerous times that I have been before the service was great

• by Erica

To celebrate my sister’s birthday, my family and I along with some of her friends decided to go to Olive Garden. Since we knew there was going to be many of us, my sister had called Olive Garden days ahead to place a reservation for 6 pm on a Thursday night. When our party arrived we were greeted very warmly and was ensured that everything was ready for us.

Since it was so many of us we had a waiter and a waitress to wait on us. Which I thought was a great idea because we had numerous orders. Olive Garden had been advertising their never ending pasta bowl special for 9.99 many times on television, so I knew what I wanted to order. Many people in our party had ordered the never ending pasta bowl special also which offered different types of pasta from penne, spaghetti along with various sauces. When I usually dine in at Olive Garden I request

for my order to be split with someone else. This is one of my favorite thing’s about this restaurant and it saves money also.

My son and I ordered the fettuccine with alfredo sauce and shared it. Now our waiter and waitress had taken everyone’s beverage order and food order and everything was running smooth for now. Before our food was brought to us we were served salad and breadsticks. I do feel that Olive Garden has some of the best salad especially with the added shredded parmesan cheese. I can get full off the salad and breadsticks alone.

However there came a time in my dining experience when the salad and breadsticks was getting the job done and my party and I was ready for our real food. Now I know there was many of us and we would have to wait, I understand that but it seemed to be longer than what we anticipated, especially since the restaurant was not that crowded to begin with on this night. When our food finally arrived our waiter and waitress served everyone their food and we were okay, just ready to eat. When my and my son got our food, everything looked as I expected it to be. We had a good amount of food in both of our bowls. Once again I had parmesan cheese added to my fettuccine and the food was amazingly delicious and full of flavor. I have to admit that Olive Garden has some of the best fettuccine alfredo along with their other foods. What we didn’t know and soon found out was that when we ordered for our second bowl, that each bowl after the first gets smaller. Now remember me and my son split a bowl, and now this second bowl was at least half of our first bowl that me and him ordered to have split. I was cool with it, I ...

• Olive Garden, Fort Worth
      just felt that the waiter and waitress should have disclosed that when ordering so I wouldn’t have been so surprised.

Also the wait for the second bowl, really did take to long. I placed the second order for the second bowl with our waitress. When I asked her what was taking so long, she replied she never put the order in, neither had she put the second orders in for others who had ordered the never ending pasta bowl. I replaced my order with our waiter who really took care of us and got our order placed. Our waitress for the evening, pretty much gave up on us and her co-worker because she left him to do all the work. We had a party of about 20 and we knew they would be busy helping us. I felt that it was very rude and inappropriate how the waitress suddenly changed her attitude toward us and didn’t feel like waiting on us and

left all the work for the waiter. We commended the waiter for his service in compliments and tips because through out the evening he was patient, kind and hard working. My family became unhappy with the service from the waitress and the wait for our food and anything else we needed such as refilling drinks and made it known to the manager, who was kind and did his best to resolve our complaints we had.

I have been to this Olive Garden many times, but this was not the best experience I have had there. When I pay my money to dine at a restaurant I expect good service and our waitress fell short, but our waiter was exceptional. I know it can get hectic when it’s a lot of people, but that’s not the time to give up.

I would recommend this Olive Garden to others because the food is delicious and the numerous times that I have been before the service was great.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 725111639760630/k2311a1125/11.25.14