Thomas Bagels Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Bagels
  • One of my favorite times of year is around the holidays because of all the cool foods that come out
  • I bought mine at Kroger for $2.86 per back of 6 pre sliced bagels
  • They aren't the healthiest things on the planet, but they are delicious
  • I like to spread mine with a good amount of cream cheese

• by Jennifer Davis

One of my favorite times of year is around the holidays because of all the cool foods that come out. One of my favorites is Thomas’ Pumpkin Spice Bagels. I bought mine at Kroger for $2.86 per back of 6 pre sliced bagels.

Personally, I like them a lot. They aren’t the healthiest things on the planet, but they are delicious. They do have 270 calories per bagel.

And that is before the cream cheese, so its probably important to eat them in moderation.

One thing that I really liked about the Pumpkin Spice Bagels is that there are clumps of pumpkin pie spice in the air holes created during baking. The cool thing is that when I toast the bagel the whole kitchen smells like thanksgiving.

That said the areas around the holes with the seasoning tend to get darker than other places on the bagel. I have discovered that a toaster oven works better for toasting these bagels more evenly than the toaster seems to.

Now, my favorite topping is Peanut Butter Cream Cheese. I get mine at Wal-Mart because its the cheapest at $1.89 per tub. it isn’t overly sweet, but sweet enough to compliment the pumpkin pie spice.

I ...

• Thomas Bagels Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Bagels
      like to spread mine with a good amount of cream cheese. However, I figured out that the cream cheese should be allowed to sit out while the bagel is toasting because otherwise it is too cold to spread evenly. Another solution is to get the whipped cream cheese because it is so much easier to spread even fresh out of the refrigerator.

Personally, I really like the

bagels. They don’t really taste exactly like pumpkin pie (even before the peanut butter cream cheese) but rather more like cinnamon and nutmeg with a splash of pumpkin, but they are really good particularly with a cup of coffee in the morning.

I give these bagels a 9 out of 10 only because I do think it should have just a little more pumpkin flavor. Otherwise, they are a great breakfast treat.

Worker Bees says :

re : I like to spread mine with a good amount of cream cheese
Down in Columbus, Georgia there isn’t much in the way of fresh bagels and we like ours with cream cheese. There is a tendency for power outages during the summer months for a few hours per day, so, we get ours straight from the store, and down our hatches it goes. We don’t eat much else until supper time.

Worker Bees says :

re : I like to spread mine with a good amount of cream cheese
We look forward to the autumn months, not just because the weather gets cool enough that we can wear full length shirts and sweaters and formal clothes again we love pumpkin spice. Cinnamon and a little ginger, allspice and clove is just what we like. It beats sugar like anything, and we get more than enough sugar- just not enough pumpkin spice. We stock up on pumpkin spice every year. When we see those Thomas’ English Muffins go on sale at our local supermarket or one in Atlanta, we fill up our SUV with a whole milk case full of them, and then take them out back into our trailer and freeze them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2725111639740630/k2311a1125/11.25.14