Annabelle (horror movie)  » Movies  »
  • If you're a fan of supernatural horror movies like me, you might find yourself just as disappointed as I was after watching the movie
  • Another thing that I absolutely hated about the movie was that there was something about it that wasn't very interesting
  • I give whoever came up with the design for it lots of kudos for making it so deranged that it will disturb my sleep for a very long time and possibly make me develop a fear of dolls
  • It was by no means perfect, but I certainly didn't expect it to be good either especially since in my experience of watching horror movies with unknown actors, they generally don't have the best track record in acting
  • However, you can also try watching it for yourself, because one of my friends who likes those kinds of horrors thought it was amazing

by Redtape

A friend of mine who loves horror movies encouraged me to watch the trailer for Annabelle, and I knew I just had to since it was supposedly based on the story of one of the haunted dolls that resides in Ed and Lorraine Warren’s doll room. I was so terrified by the trailer, that I promised myself that I had to watch it in the cinema but ended up missing it. Later on when I saw it elsewhere I was quite glad I did because it was nowhere near as scary as I initially thought it would be.
  • Annabelle (horror movie)
  • In the movie a newlywed couple, John and Mia Form move into their first house in the late sixties. John, buys Mia Annabelle as a present for their first child’s bedroom, and soon after they are attacked by their psychotic neighbours. Eventually, Mia starts noticing that strange things are happening around the house and eventually attributes everything to the doll. She meets a woman named Evelyn who tells her that Annabelle won’t stop until it has a human soul, and promises to help her.

• Annabelle (horror movie)
  • If you’re a fan of supernatural horror movies like me, you might find yourself just as disappointed as I was after watching the movie. There aren’t many really frightening scenes in the movie, and at times it seemed to me that the most terrifying scenes were in the trailer, or was the concept of the movie itself.

I guess if I really had to choose a scary scene in the movie, it would have to be the part where Mia is pregnant and the place catches a fire. Then, when she is trying to escape, Annabelle tries to drag her into the fire.

• Annabelle (horror movie)
  • Another thing that I absolutely hated about the movie was that there was something about it that wasn’t very interesting. Up to this point I’m not even sure if it was that the actors didn’t bring enough excitement to the movie, or the director’s vision of the entire thing wasn’t good enough, but there was something about it that just felt so dull.

I guess a part of it would have to be attributed to the fact that the movie was a bit slow. Therefore, the first part of the movie, didn’t really focus on the supernatural happenings as much as the latter part did. The most interesting and frightening segment of the movie eventually became that horrid doll. I swear that just seeing pictures and stills of the one used in the movie especially literally makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and me so paranoid that I keep looking around me every couple of seconds.

I give whoever came up with the design for it lots of kudos for making it so deranged that it will disturb my sleep for a very long time and possibly make me develop a fear of dolls.

• Annabelle (horror movie)
  • One thing that I was certainly surprised about was the acting. It was by no means perfect, but I certainly didn’t expect it to be good either especially since in my experience of watching horror movies with unknown actors, they generally don’t have the best track record in acting.

Of course, throughout the movie I thought that one of the best actors was Alfre Woodard, who has a lot of acting experience under her belt. However, as a result of this I judged her much harsher than the other actors, so I expected a lot better.

• Annabelle (horror movie)
  • One thing I certainly hated was how it ended too, where the priest tried to take Annabelle and it disappeared, and then Evelyn ended up dying for no reason.

I wouldn’t really recommend the movie Annabelle to people who like supernatural horror movies because it’s not as scary as the trailer makes it seem. However, you can also try watching it for yourself, because one of my friends who likes those kinds of horrors thought it was amazing.

Wayne says :

re : If you’re a fan of supernatural horror movies like me, you might find yourself just as disappointed as I was after watching the movie
I agree, I thought the movie is lame and pathetic. I expected a very scary one but was disappointed. The first few minutes were okay but later on it becomes painfull cory sorry. I don’t know about everybody else but Conjuring is way horrifying.

Frida Perez Caballero says :

re : However, you can also try watching it for yourself, because one of my friends who likes those kinds of horrors thought it was amazing
Definitvamente, nada recomendable para personas que buscan una buena trama y buenos efectos especiales en una pel cula de terror, simplemente that movie sucks.

eryana09 says :

I do agree with you. The movie surrounding the doll is quite a disappointment to say the least.

Sheena Huot says :

I disagree. I am an avid horror fan and while I didn’t think the movie was the best out there, I still loved it. It was different and unpredictable. They certainly did things you don’t see often.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1120111639600730/k2311a1120/11.20.14