Perkins Restuarant in Fergus Falls, MN  » Restaurants  »
623 Frontier Dr, Fergus Falls, MN, United States
  • I decided to treat myself the other day while I was in town and went to the Perkins Restaurant in Fergus Falls, MN, for lunch
  • I only had to wait about 2 minutes to be seated and I was able to sit at a booth, which I prefer
  • It had the exact amount of seasoning that I like and I really enjoyed it
  • Overall, the fish was great, the side dishes were okay but I would not recommend the pumpkin cream pie

• by Pam Klecan

I decided to treat myself the other day while I was in town and went to the Perkins Restaurant in Fergus Falls, MN, for lunch. It was on a Wednesday, in the early afternoon, and one of the reasons I chose that particular restaurant was that it wasn’t busy. I do not like going into busy restaurants to eat. There were only about 6 cars in the parking lot.

I only had to wait about 2 minutes

to be seated and I was able to sit at a booth, which I prefer. The table had a dirty spot and when I pointed that out, the hostess immediately apologized and washed the table.

My waitress came within a minute after the hostess left and took my drink order and left the menus for me. There was the regular menu plus a specials menu featuring steaks. She checked back in about 3 minutes to see if I was ready to order (I wasn’t). She waited a few more minutes and came back.

I ordered the tilapia fish with lemon pepper seasoning, green beans with bacon and mashed potatoes with gravy. The meal also came with a warm roll. It was delivered to me within 10 minutes. The fish was great. It had the exact amount of seasoning that I like and I really enjoyed it. The green beans, on ...

• Perkins Restuarant in Fergus Falls, MN
      the other hand, tasted like soggy canned beans and the bacon didn’t seem to be cooked. The mashed potatoes were alright but the gravy was rather salty. I don’t eat much salt so other people that are used to it may not think it was too much.

I had a piece of pumpkin cream pie that looked really good but….it did not live up to its’ looks. The pumpkin pie part with okay but the cream on

top was canned-tasting and the pie crust tasted like lard and you could tell it had been frozen. I was very disappointed in the pie.

Overall, the fish was great, the side dishes were okay but I would not recommend the pumpkin cream pie. The server and hostess were friendly and fast and the restaurant was quiet and not overcrowded. I would recommend this restaurant for the atmosphere and service but don’t have the pumpkin cream pie!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 717111639420430/k2311a1117/11.17.14