Great Value Fig Bars  » Food  »
  • There are certainly healthier fig cookies to choose from on the market, but they not surprisingly cost more money
  • I like how fig filling is rich and plentiful
  • That's the best price for fig bars that I've come across
  • I have noticed that from time to time, but a quick inspection of the packaging usually makes it easy to tell if the fig bars are undamaged
  • I may not buy these fig bars often, but when I do, I'm never disappointed in their quality

• by CirclingCanvas

The Great Value Fig Bars can be an addicting treat, but just because the bars are made with real fruit, doesn’t mean it’s safer to overindulge. While these fig bars might not be as loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients as some of the other stuff down the cookie aisle, the ingredients label doesn’t exactly scream all natural or healthy choice. There are certainly healthier fig cookies to choose from on the

market, but they not surprisingly cost more money.

With moderation kept in mind, it’s still very much possible to enjoy these fig bars, and it’s easy to enjoy them too because there is a lot to like about them!

I like how fig filling is rich and plentiful. The Great Value brand didn’t skimp on the fruit filling and I couldn’t see a difference in quality or quantity when it came to the fruit filling versus the name brand fig bars.

They are perhaps a tad sweeter, but it’s hard to tell. After about four or five of these fig bars, I’ve usually had my fill because of the slightly strong sweetness of them.

They are enjoyable though, with the soft, somewhat chewy exterior and the overall freshness of the bars. They are a simple, but satisfying, treat.

The price of them isn’t bad, either,

• Great Value Fig Bars
      costing just under three dollars for a thirty-two ounce pack. That’s the best price for fig bars that I’ve come across.

If you’re looking for a chewy cookie with fig flavoring, the Great Value Fig Bars might be worth a try. The price, quality and quantity all make these bars an excellent value.

They do taste just about or just as good as the name brand fig cookies, but will leave you with

a little more money left over. The packaging is a bit flimsy, so be careful when picking out a package.

If it looks smashed, then the fig bars probably are too. I have noticed that from time to time, but a quick inspection of the packaging usually makes it easy to tell if the fig bars are undamaged.

I may not buy these fig bars often, but when I do, I’m never disappointed in their quality.

Great Value Fig Bars

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 277111639220130/k2311a117/11.7.14