Safra 18, restaurant in Barcelona Gothic quarter  » Restaurants  »
Carrer Ample 18, 08002 Barcelona
  • It was written a lot about restaurants in Barcelona, but I believe my two cents can help someone
  • It's like the game where you have to guess all the time ) Come here after 7.30pm to win this game ) I like that it's very local
  • I highly recommend this place for the cozy dinner in Barcelona

by Sam Murrey

It was written a lot about restaurants in Barcelona, but I believe my two cents can help someone.

This is one of the many restaurants in Barcelona Gothic Quarter, but I visit it more than others and here are my reasons why …

• Safra 18, restaurant in Barcelona Gothic quarter
  • It’s located on the narrow street called Carrer Ample corner with Carrer de Simo Oller.

• Safra 18, restaurant in Barcelona Gothic quarter
  • Not sure about the open hours. Actually open hours of the restaurants in Spain is kind of the floating stuff. It’s like the game where you have to guess all the time ) Come here after 7.30pm to win this game )

• Safra 18, restaurant in Barcelona Gothic quarter
  • I like that it’s very local. Sure it is full of tourists all the time, but for me it looks very domestic. I’m an expat, so I can’t say for sure how very local restaurant should look like, but this is how I feel about it. It’s simple and cozy, offering local cuisine.

• Safra 18, restaurant in Barcelona Gothic quarter
  • Here is the menu as of November 2014 (prices are to the right).

• Safra 18, restaurant in Barcelona Gothic quarter
  • My personal recommendation is Catalan chicken - chicken prepared with the plums.

• Safra 18, restaurant in Barcelona Gothic quarter
  • Baked vegetables with parmesan. Quite a big dish.

• Safra 18, restaurant in Barcelona Gothic quarter
  • And this is the Catalan chicken. I like it. Nothing fancy, just well prepared local dish at the reasonable price.

• Safra 18, restaurant in Barcelona Gothic quarter
  • The bill, including 12 EUR for the wine, is quite reasonable for the main tourist spot in Barcelona.

I highly recommend this place for the cozy dinner in Barcelona.

Good service, reasonable prices, local cuisine will not disappoint you. I’m visiting it from time to time, so see you there )

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 76111639210630/k2311a116/11.6.14