Royal Canin Instinctive cat food
  • I first noticed her when she started coming into my garden to play, what I also noticed however was how thin she was
  • She didn't look very healthy at all, and I found this very distressing
  • I decided that if her owners were not going to take proper care of her I would, I started to feed her and she began picking up more and more weight
  • Giving her the best nutrition I could for optimal health became my primary concern, so after a lot of research and a trip to the vet, I started feeding her Royal Canin wet food
  • However when it comes to my pets health price is not an issue, I want her to live a long and healthy life that she can enjoy

by Lorin

Growing up my house was always filled with animals especially cats. My grandmother used to love cats and rescued as many as she could. I myself have never been a cat owner… that is until just a few months ago.

My new lovely little cat used to belong to neighbours of mine who lived down the street from me. I first noticed her when she started coming into my garden to play, what I also noticed however was how thin she was. She didn’t look very healthy at all, and I found this very distressing. She continued over the next few weeks to come to my house, and even started to come inside too. I decided that if her owners were not going to take proper care of her I would, I started to feed her and she began picking up more and more weight.

I am so happy to say she decided to stay with me permanently, and as for her old owners, they packed up and moved out of the area without even giving her a second thought. Giving her the best nutrition I could for optimal health became my primary concern, so after a lot of research and a trip to the vet, I started feeding her Royal Canin wet food. The reason I picked this food is because I had a long and difficult search for a health and nutritious wet food.

A cat doesnt tend to drink a lot of water, and this can effect their kidney function later on in life, although you should always have fresh water available, at least this food has some liquid content to help with this should you have trouble getting your cat to drink water. water drinking can also be encouraged by getting a small water fountain.

• Royal Canin Instinctive cat Food
  • Royal Canin have a great range of food for all cats (and dogs) from food for kittens to old cats in their twilight years. I bought Royal Canin Instinctive for my little kitty. This food comes in a box with 12 pouches of food per box, and has all the nutritional information you will need to know printed on the back and sides. The box has a perforated tear- open top which is easy to open, and it can be used as a handy storage container to store all the food pouches.

• Royal Canin Instinctive cat Food
  • Each pouch - which you can buy separately - is made from foil to keep the food fresher for longer, and has an easy tear top which makes it a doddle to open. All pouches are 85g and have a ‘ best before ‘ date stamped on the back. As my cat does not eat a whole packet in one sitting, I usually store the remainder of the food in fridge in its original packet, which I secure with a clip. I can then use it the next day , however I do not recommend you keep it longer than that. Once used the packet can be easily disposed of in your dustbin.

• Royal Canin Instinctive cat Food
  • On the back of the pack you will find all the information you need about the food, as well as the serving suggestions for the amount of food you need to give your cat in accordance to weight. Always make sure when you buy cat food that the first few ingredients listed on the back of the pack are meat and not cereal , as is the case with Royal Canin. The reason for this is that cats need protein, and the protein content in this food is better than in some other cat foods. Although it is more difficult to get in South Africa, you will have to go to a pet store or vet to get it, not your local super market its worth it for your cats long term health to have a better quality food.

Royal Canin instinctive features a proven Macro Nutrient profile that is preferred by adult cats

• Royal Canin Instinctive cat Food
  • You will find that chunks of food are a nice small size, which makes it easy for your cat to eat. This is especially a good thing if your cat has had dental issues. These chunks come in a gravy, and compared to some other wet cat food do not have an over powering smell. My cat really loves the gravy around the food and tends to lick that off first before eating the chunks. It did take some while for her to get used to eating a wet food, as I suspect she was only fed a dry food. She now cant get enough and comes and “calls” for her supper every night.

• Royal Canin Instinctive cat Food
  • My little girl really loves this Royal Canin instinctive, and I can rest assured that she is getting the best nutrition I can give her. What I really love about this brand of cat food, is that its made up of a higher content of meat and meat/ animal derivatives as opposed to mostly cereal. It also has added nutrients such as Vitamin D3, Iron, Manganese and Zinc. It is designed to maintain optimal weight, the protein content is 12% and fat content is 2.8% in each packet. Thanks to Royal Canin my cat is now at optimal health.

This is definitely a product I will continue to buy, as well as try some of their other products for cats. Royal Canin is a company that actually cares about the health of your animals and keeps up a great standard with all their products. I will give this food a rating of 8/10, it can be a bit pricy at approximately R125.00 per box and approximately R9.90 per individual pouch. However when it comes to my pets health price is not an issue, I want her to live a long and healthy life that she can enjoy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 294111639080930/k2311a114/11.4.14