Mama Cozzi’s Italian Style Classics Meatball Marinara Pizza
  • As I'm not an expert on what exactly classifies as an Italian classic, I have no idea whether or not Mama Cozzi's Italian Style Classics Meatball Marinara Pizza will satisfy those that consider themselves foodies in the area of classic Italian foods, but as someone that enjoys a good pizza every week or so, I did enjoy this pizza and do intent on buying it again
  • It would have been nice if the pizza tasted as good as it smelled while cooking, but it was still reasonably satisfactory for the price that I paid
  • I know from past experience that this brand of pizza can be hit or miss, but this was more of a hit than a miss
  • I think what holds this pizza back to an extent is the meatballs
  • Marinara sauce can be spicy and rich in flavor if the right seasonings are added, but considering the cost of this pizza, it doesn't surprise me that the marinara sauce was pretty simple in taste

• by CirclingCanvas

As I’m not an expert on what exactly classifies as an Italian classic, I have no idea whether or not Mama Cozzi’s Italian Style Classics Meatball Marinara Pizza will satisfy those that consider themselves foodies in the area of classic Italian foods, but as someone that enjoys a good pizza every week or so, I did enjoy this pizza and do intent on buying it again. Three dollars and ninety-nine cents for a pizza that looks to be around twelve inches in length is a very fair price considering the quality of the product. It’s one of the many varieties of frozen pizza that can be purchased at ALDI Food Market stores.

What attracted me to this pizza and made me want to try it is it sounded rather appetizing! A meatball topping, sitting

atop a blend of cheeses, including mozzarella, Parmesan, asiago and Romano? Admittedly, not good for the body, but good for the occasional treat for the taste buds! The meatballs and cheeses both smelled great when the pizza was cooking in the oven, and the crust was supposed to rise, which it did, although not by a whole lot. It would have been nice if the pizza tasted as good as it smelled while cooking, but it was still reasonably satisfactory for the price that I paid. I know from past experience that this brand of pizza can be hit or miss, but this was more of a hit than a miss!

I think what holds this pizza back to an extent is the meatballs. There weren’t enough of them spread about the pizza, maybe

somewhere between ten and fifteen pieces, and the size of the meatballs didn’t help. They were on the small side, not at all like the big meatballs that you might find accompanying a plate of spaghetti in a restaurant or if you were to buy a bag of frozen Italian-style meatballs. Still, the meatballs did contribute positively to the flavor, even though they were lacking in noticeable seasoning or spices to add flavor beyond the ground meat taste. The blend of four cheeses is where much of the pizza’s flavor came from and being a cheese lover, I thought the combination of the aforementioned four cheeses complimented one another well.

The marinara sauce could have been more plentiful, resulting in a slightly less dry pizza, but there was enough sauce on the pizza to ...

• Mama Cozzi's Italian Style Classics Meatball Marinara Pizza
      keep it from being overly dry. It was pretty standard too as far as taste. Marinara sauce can be spicy and rich in flavor if the right seasonings are added, but considering the cost of this pizza, it doesn’t surprise me that the marinara sauce was pretty simple in taste. The crust itself wasn’t as airy and soft as I would have liked, but it puffed up enough to satisfy me. I liked that I wasn’t biting into a thin, hard crust. The crust didn’t do much to catch the attention of my taste buds, and like the marinara sauce, it was merely there to help complete the pizza package. There wasn’t anything notably impressive about it, but at the same time, nothing truly bad about it, either.

As a budget pizza, Mama Cozzi’s

Italian Style Classics Meatball Marinara Pizza is satisfactory. There was enough quality and value to please me and I have no objections to buying it again. It certainly could be improved upon, like with the meatballs, sauce and crust, but then, it wouldn’t sell for just under four dollars, either. It’s a little different from the usual array of frozen pizzas as meatball toppings aren’t as common as say pepperoni or sausage or chicken, so this pizza adds a little variety to the freezer case that houses pizzas. If you like meatballs and pizza, this is something you might want to check out. As long as you don’t set your standards too, too high and keep in mind that this is a pizza marketed towards those on a budget, you might be able to enjoy it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2731101639000631/k2311a1031/10.31.14