Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea All Natural Leave in Conditioner
  • In my mind I thought that I was just imaging things, but no I wasn't
  • I like that this conditioner didn't leave my hair weighted down
  • I experience less frizz, and my curls are more defined
  • I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to soften hair, add moisture without all the extras

• by nitakb

I had the opportunity to give Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea All Natural Leave in Conditioner a try when my neighborhood Sally’s was running a sale on select Eden Bodyworks products. I have been meaning try the line for some time after hearing about it none stop from different ones who have used it. But I just couldn’t bring myself to purchase any of the products out of the line simply because they are a little more pricey than what I am used to. Each product generally ranges from six dollars to close to nine dollars, unless it’s a sample or on sale. I finally broke down and brought their leave in conditioner when Sally’s had a two dollars off coupon for it.

Coconut Shea All natural leave in conditioner is a daily conditioning treatment. It has coconut oil in it to penetrate and revitalize tresses, and it also has shea butter to seal in moisture.

The leave in conditioner is also sulfate free, so it’s safe to use on color treated hair, chemically treated, curly hair and straight hair. It also doesn’t have mineral oils, dyes or parabens and its cruelty free. Generally this explains why it’s more expensive

than other products. Usually the more wholesome or natural a product is the more you’re going to pay.

These claims alone made me want to give this product a try. I have gotten to a point where I don’t want to put certain ingredients on my hair if I can help it.

The directions say to apply this leave in conditioner to freshly washed hair for best results. Which I of course did because I wanted to see this product work on it’s on.

One instant pro about this leave in conditioner is that it smells so good. It has this nice clean coconut fragrance, that at first is a little over powering, but once it has a chance to dry it calms down. Now I will say that there is this underlining scent that doesn’t linger long, but it is there enough that made me frown my noise a bit. I don’t know if it’s just the particular bottle I have or that’s just how the formula is meant to smell. It doesn’t stick to the hair, but when applying to my hair with my finger, I could smell it.

It certainly doesn’t take a lot of

this conditioner to get the job done. Even if you have very thick hair or have long hair, a little dab here and there will do it. I applied just enough and gently worked it through my parted off sections. I made sure to pay special attention to my ends, and worked upward. Applying too much of this conditioner made my hair extra slippery. I learned the hard way.

Almost instantly, I could tell a difference. My hair was super soft to the touch. In my mind I thought that I was just imaging things, but no I wasn’t. Even once my hair had the chance to dry, from being slightly damp, my hair still was soft. I made it a point to try it in my twist outs and Bantu knot outs. My hair was more moisturized and softer too. I could tell a difference. My hair is coarse, but it didn’t feel like straw. It had a nice shine that wasn’t greasy but a healthy gloss. And my hair smelled so good. I could take a breath and smell light coconut.

I didn’t have to use this leave in conditioner too many times during a ...

• Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea All Natural Leave in Conditioner
      given week. To be matter of fact, after the first time all I had to do was spray a little water, and it was like it was activated again. And when I finally applied some more it was when I was doing a few chunky braids to go to sleep on.

I like that this conditioner didn’t leave my hair weighted down. I have had my share of leave in conditioners that have weighed my hair down. And had plenty of build up to go with it. This conditioner didn’t weight my hair down. I experience less frizz, and my curls are more defined.

Now the cons of this product is that you cannot use it on your hair if you have any kind of style or hair gel that’s meant to give you curl definition or hold. The products will react and the result will be these white gummy particles that roll up on your hands and stick to your hair. It reminded me of Styrofoam that’s been ripped up. The particles are gritty and have to be rinsed with water. It’s really inconvenient if you’re trying to style your whole head and this

happens to a nice chunk of it.

After this I made sure to rub a small bit of conditioner between my fingers with other products I use to see if this happens. So far the only thing that the leave in conditioner doesn’t react with is oil. Which was a relief because I use a blend of oil to seal after moisturizing.

Not only is there Coconut, there’s Aloe Vera leaf juice, Jojoba oil, Saffloflower oil, and Avocado oil along with vitamin E, glycerin and hydrolyzed keratin. Which was awesome because you’re getting a bit extra other than just coconut shea.

Even now, after using this product more than once use I am not even halfway through the bottle. The leave in conditioner is concentrated enough that I’m confident that it will last me for a while. Which in my opinion is a good investment.

In the end I am so glad that I gave this product a chance. I was truly missing out. I cannot wait for the opportunity to try the other products in the coconut shea line.

I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to soften hair, add moisture without all the extras.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128101638931231/k2311a1028/10.28.14