Sobe Lifewater Pacific Coconut Beverage  » Food  »
2.5
  • The taste of this beverage is definitely sweet
  • In the end I was disappointed with this beverage
  • Sobe usually makes very tasty drink blends, but this particular one just wasn't their strongest in my opinion
  • I wouldn't recommend this beverage to a friend

• by nitakb

Sobe Lifewater Pacific Coconut Beverage is a beverage I picked up one afternoon to top off my quick lunch. Given that I am a very big fan of Sobe beverage, and coconut water I did not hesitate to grab a bottle.

Coconut Water has become one of the trends in food and beverage right now. Almost at every turn you can find some kind of beverage that either has coconut flavoring or includes actual coconut water. Sobe Life water is no different in this trend. They call it pacific coconut. In the beverage

there’s coconut flavoring with other natural flavors. This sounded promising enough, although I let my test buds be the true judge.

My first impression of this beverage was that this drink was kind of awkward. Not in a totally bad way, but I was expecting to taste more like real coconut water and less of everything else that blended in to it. If you’ve ever cracked open a whole young coconut and tasted the delicate sweet nuttiness then you’ll understand why I was giving this drink a double take after tasting it. It tasted nothing like it. Even though it is supposed to contain ten percent coconut water. Then there was this after taste that made me want go in search of a pure bottle of water just to wash it away.

I could taste a flavoring of coconut but it was faint. The taste of this beverage is definitely sweet. Not sugary sweet, but I can tell that it’s added. Which makes sense, because it points out that it’s a coconut water beverage from concentrate on the label. Not only did that explain ...

• Sobe Lifewater Pacific Coconut Beverage
      the flavor, but the naming and coloring of this drink too. It was this pale milky color.

On the ingredient list there’s stevia extract and sea salt. Which I guess is supposed to be the pacific part. You can’t taste the salt, so I guess it only plays a part in balancing out the sweetness from the coconut water, and the other unknown natural flavor that is listed on the ingredients list.

One serving size is the entire bottle and is only eighty calories for the entire bottle. There’s no fat, and only

one hundred and ten milligrams of sodium with one hundred and sixty milligrams of potassium. There’s also twenty one grams of carbs, and twenty grams of sugar.

In the end I was disappointed with this beverage. I really had high hopes that it would taste better than it did. I suppose I should have expected this since it wasn’t a pure bottle of young coconut water. Sobe usually makes very tasty drink blends, but this particular one just wasn’t their strongest in my opinion.

I wouldn’t recommend this beverage to a friend.

re : The taste of this beverage is definitely sweet
Yes it is

feeedor says :

re : Sobe usually makes very tasty drink blends, but this particular one just wasn’t their strongest in my opinion
This is just a good bottle of watter.

re : I wouldn’t recommend this beverage to a friend
If you like water, You will like this bottle of Sobe Lifewater

santhosh says :

this is an awsome beverage to drink.it contains a coconut flavaour,which makes it taste very delicous.this beverage is very good for health.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2727101638900231/k2311a1027/10.27.14